Register Now
kingpotato

Google Stadia is out...and its bad

On 11/24/2019 at 6:33 AM, The Blackangel said:

I'm pretty sure it's just like any other system. A lot of bugs in the software on initial launch that they need to work out. And way too many power requirements that most gamers simply can't afford at the moment. Give it a year or two, fix the bugs, then relaunch the Stadia, and we'll see how it goes.

It will probably be the future of gaming someday, but thats a future that is too far away.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

The fact that your experience is largely dependent on your internet service provider will be a huge drawback for the Google Stadia.

Oh yeah, internet speed is not always stable, and the fact that you are paying full price for these games is also a drawback. 

This was the worst way Google could have launched this, knowing it was half-baked (or maybe Google higher up were half-baked) and unfinished. It's not just cast doubts on Stadia, but the very idea of these services as a concept. It's not a terrible idea, but it has been badly handled buy a company who's earned a reputation for abandoning their projects instead of being dedicated and improving them. I'll not be investing this anytime soon, shame because that one exclusive game Gylt looks pretty cool.

Unfortunately, @Shagger is right. Google has started on countless projects, and abandoned the majority of them in mid production. The only one I can even remember that they actually released was the Google Glass. And that was probably the worst product any company could ever have come up with. I personally think they should stick to being a search engine and email service.

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think Google is known for good tech but bad execution. I guess Stadia would be soon in the google grave. 

They might drum up some support from the gaming community by asking them to help dig the hole. Or here's idea, hold a contest for best design for the tombstone.

50 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Yes I kind of speculated that. Because they invested so much into tech and they have launched subscription too. So yeah time to buy some youtube creators and get them to push the product. 

The only question is, who are going to be the sellouts that will actually take up the offer and endorse it?

We never know. Because youtube creators basically can sell out for clickbaits. They can do anything for money. As for as being right and moral is concerned. Not a single youtube creator is honest. I never trust people who openly say "I don't do it for money". Because people who are like that don't stay in city but stay in some village and ins some church or look like monk. So yeah youtube creators in fact are so easy to buy. 

True, they all endorse something. That's the reason for ads in the middle of videos. It's also the reason I pay for YouTube premium, to get rid of the damn ads. I spend hours a day on there, so it's worth it. But at the beginning of every video, they're all giving a shout out to something for sponsoring the video. That's fine with me. But if they start taking endorsements from anything and everything, that is when I see a problem. That's when you know they've gotten greedy.

Edited by The Blackangel