Register Now
LadyDay

Do any of you play simulation games?

Hi guys. 

While I love a good RPG or first person shooter (have limited experience with these though) and such other action packed games, I also have a thing for simulation games. The big hit for me is the Sims series. I have every expansion etc. (minus two terrible stuff packs) for both The Sims 2, 3 and 4. I know, it's not very cool, but I find it fun and relaxing. Right now I'm also dying for Planet Zoo, but that requires a whole new computer (well, new CPU, GPU and more RAM, so might as well buy a whole thing, rather than get my poor boyfriend to attempt to rebuild my 10 years old stationary PC) and that costs money. 

Aaaaanyway, my question is if any of you play simulation games too?

And can you by any chance come up with a good alternative to Planet Zoo, to tie me over while I save up for a new set-up? I am a bit skeptical of Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection since it's gotten pretty bad reviews. Have any of you tried it? There's obviously also Zoo Tycoon 2, but that is pretty ancient and I can't find it on Steam or Origin.

I always liked Roller Coaster Tycoon, and Zoo Tycoon. They’ve really simple and fun. One that you might consider, it’s not particularly a sim game, but Age Of Empires is a masterpiece. The first one was great, but the second one was flat out amazing. The third one however, sadly was an absolute abomination. The expansion packs for AOE3 added absolutely nothing to the game. If you want to try the game, get AOE2. You won’t regret it.

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I always liked Roller Coaster Tycoon, and Zoo Tycoon. They’ve really simple and fun. One that you might consider, it’s not particularly a sim game, but Age Of Empires is a masterpiece. The first one was great, but the second one was flat out amazing. The third one however, sadly was an absolute abomination. The expansion packs for AOE3 added absolutely nothing to the game. If you want to try the game, get AOE2. You won’t regret it.

AOE2 looks like fun! I'll have a closer look at it and give it a try. 🙂 

It seems like decent simulation games (besides The Sims series) tend to be either 15-20 years old or brand new. Nothing that's, like, 5 years old or so. I wonder if they've gone out of fashion and then just returned again? 

23 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I am playing most of the SEGA games into emulator lately. I wish to cover them for the online streaming like say twitch and youtube gaming. 

What does that mean? 🙂 

On 11/22/2019 at 4:21 PM, The Blackangel said:

It means he's playing the games on his PC, and at some point he wants to record the gameplay and put it on YouTube, similar to what PewDiePie does.

Aaaaaah. Thanks for the explanation. 

14 hours ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

i have never tried sim games. what is the appeal?

I find that it speaks to my creative side, building worlds and creating stories. And it's relaxing. 

13 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

@LadyDay It is great to see you around here again! 🙂

Great to see you too! My long lost twin. 😄 How are you doing?

10 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Not bad. You? 🙂

I'm alright. 

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I used to play Flight Simulator on PC when I was growing up but to be honestly, most simulators are tedious because it mirrors reality and most of these things are boring.

Yeah, reality sucks 😉