Register Now
StaceyPowers

How much do you spend on gaming accessories?

While looking at @mont86's thread on gaming chairs, I got to wondering how much people here are willing to spend/have spent on gaming chairs, headphones, peripherals and other accessories?

I have honestly spent almost nothing in this department, if we don’t count simply replacing controllers when they die (and even then, I usually opt for cheap third party hardware). I just don’t have the cash to spend on anything other than a few games now and again.

I count on Christmas and my birthday for accessories. Not that I have many accessories. I don't have a gaming chair yet, but am wishing for one for Christmas this year. Hoping my boyfriend comes through, for the sake of my back. Other than that I have a good headset (birthday present). My monitor I bought almost ten years ago along with the computer, but it's decent. I haven't really thought about getting a real gamer mouse and keyboard. I have no idea how much of a difference it makes? I do however plan on a new computer, though that might wait until after Christmas, where the prices might drop. Waiting is so hard though!

Edited by LadyDay

19 hours ago, StrikingVipers said:

Don't like gIasses so I bought a gaming light for my eyes' sake. 

I've worn glasses my whole life, so that's maybe why I don't understand the theory, but why would that help? I'm not making fun or anything that, just curious.

Back on topic. As for me, I'm not big on accessories. Most of it is gimmicky bullshit. There's the usual headsets and stuff, but I mostly like to spend my money on games. I am, however, thinking about investing in a more functional gaming mouse, so if anyone has a suggestion.

21 hours ago, StrikingVipers said:

Don't like gIasses so I bought a gaming light for my eyes' sake. 

I'm only saying this for your own good.  If your straining your eyes enough to require a gaming light, you REALLY should be wearing glasses or contacts at the very least.  Especially if your driving.

Edited by Crazycrab

I started wearing glasses in my mid 20's. I didn't realize just how bad my vision was at the time until I put my glasses on for the first time. Now my vision is so bad, that anything over 2½ feet is so blurry, I can't tell what it is if I'm not familiar with it. My optometrist has told me that it's a possibility that I may be legally blind by the time I'm 50. Also macular degeneration seems to run in my family, so that's another thing I have to worry about, as if I didn't have enough fucking health problems as it is.

Edited by The Blackangel