Register Now
StaceyPowers

Lousy online gaming behavior you'll admit to

I was reading @kingpotato's recent thread on infuriating behaviors from online teammates. While thinking about obnoxious behaviors form fellow teammates, I had to admit I could think of some annoying stuff I've done myself, though mostly on MMOs, not FPS games (i.e. being a bully in general in MUDs when I was still in high school--having been bullied in school). 

Is anyone here ever the annoying teammate, or even the annoying opponent in online games? Hopefully, we all try our best not to be that person, but I'm sure most of us have been so inadvertently or otherwise at some point of time.

I'm always the troll in online games creating all manner of mischief lol. How can you not troll online? I mean the non-malicious kind of trolling. For instance, I'll be the absolutely incompetent teammate always trying to "help" which usually gets my whole team killed. Of course I get called all kinds of names for this...

Yeah sometimes I can find myself being the bad teammate, for example during the weekend I was playing Apex Legends, my team and I where playing "smart" and hunting other players but I kind got bored because the match was dragging of a lot so I just decided to burst in shooting like crazy, needles to say I got us all killed xD

40 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah sometimes I can find myself being the bad teammate, for example during the weekend I was playing Apex Legends, my team and I where playing "smart" and hunting other players but I kind got bored because the match was dragging of a lot so I just decided to burst in shooting like crazy, needles to say I got us all killed xD

Sounds like something I'd do 🤣 and then I'd be like "It's just a game. Why you guys taking this so serious?" and then I'd start singing some children's song like the one from Barney which absolutely pisses everyone off.

I do it for fun xD, it was a very important clan tournament (for my clan mates not me), and i was spectating and guiding my friends to a place that doesn't even exist, the reason why that was deadly funny, is their reaction following my tips without even thinking xD

On 1/28/2021 at 4:33 AM, Patrik said:

I do it for fun xD, it was a very important clan tournament (for my clan mates not me), and i was spectating and guiding my friends to a place that doesn't even exist, the reason why that was deadly funny, is their reaction following my tips without even thinking xD

One of my favorite things to do when trolling people online is to ask them some absolutely random question like "when did you take a coffee break today?" or "who stole my coffee beans?". The usual reaction is wth are you talking about and I pretend like I'm angry and go "somebody's gotta pay for them!" and attack.

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think it can be stressful too if you try it. online games can be only good if you play something like ludo, chess, and sudoku like games those are fun. 

Games like GTA, Rocket League and others are also fun but it also depends on who is apart of that gaming session.

On 11/25/2019 at 4:13 AM, killamch89 said:

I'm always the troll in online games creating all manner of mischief lol. How can you not troll online? I mean the non-malicious kind of trolling. For instance, I'll be the absolutely incompetent teammate always trying to "help" which usually gets my whole team killed. Of course I get called all kinds of names for this...

Haha, we live for the trolls because it's what's fun when it comes to online games. Sometimes, I do it even unknowingly because I'm so used to it. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Haha, we live for the trolls because it's what's fun when it comes to online games. Sometimes, I do it even unknowingly because I'm so used to it. 

I purposely troll in video games - As a matter of fact, the people I normally play games with online know that I'll start with my crap at some point lol.

13 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I'll troll here or there, maybe spam and do the occasional rage quit, just depends on my mood or if its the last time I'm playing it. 

Rage quit is so funny and I love reading those pained chat. It won't still take long and you see the same person who wants to quit get hooked up again 😂