Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that changed what you thought was possible

I am playing Oblivion right now for the first time. @DylanC told me about how when it came out, it was a mindblowing experience to console gamers, who never really got into Morrowind. So the whole open world experience was still very new and amazing. I try to picture myself in that time when I play it so I can imagine that excitement.

The game I most remember changing what I thought was possible with games as a kid was Half-Life. It showed me that it was possible to have a shooter which did an amazing job weaving in a story and incorporating other gameplay elements. I just had never seen anything like it up to that point. I feel to this day like it was one of the most groundbreaking and trend-setting games ever made.

What games do you remember changing what you thought was possible in video games? 

For me, it was that you can make money in any way you like and it's not as hard as my parents taught me. My mom always was yelling at me for playing video games. She was saying that I won't be able to earn money by playing games and I need to study hard to do it. But when I was 16, I've made my first dollars by selling skins on DMarket - https://dmarket.com/ingame-items/item-list/csgo-skins and bought myself a new smartphone.

I think this lesson helped me to establish an entrepreneurial mindset and start my streaming career. Although it doesn't gives me a lot of money (usually, I have around $800 per month), I am making cash doing something I love.