Register Now
StaceyPowers

How often do you replay your favorite game?

How often do you replay your favorite game?

Most of my games are open world games, so I just keep them on a semi-permanent rotation loop—so I am basically always playing Skyrim, Fallout, etc.

I’m finally getting around to my second playthrough of TLOU, will probably start in the next few weeks. And I recently finished my first full playthrough of all BioShock games and DLCs.

I think ideally, I want to play through BioShock and TLOU every year. But I am sure it will be impossible to keep up with that as I expand my video game library.

How often do you replay your favorite game or games?

@kingpotato @DylanC @The Blackangel @Alyxx @killamch89 @LadyDay @skyfire

In Skyrim I've played the main storyline twice and since it's not a game with a finished "the end" it's not a game I expect to completely stop playing. And I can see myself starting over someday with a new character. 

I've played The Sims with a lot of different Sims, so that's sort of starting over.. I do that about 4-5 times per year. 

TL;DR Too often.

I've played some Final Fantasy games, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Tales of Berseria, Dungeon Keeper, TLOU and others so many times, at least twice. Given how I could have spent that time, I'm a waste of blood and organs.

On 11/24/2019 at 1:03 PM, killamch89 said:

I constantly replay Skyrim/Fallout 4/NFS: Most Wanted on an almost weekly basis because they are games that provide the player with so many different possibilities when playing them.

Like you, I am on a perma-loop with Skyrim and Fallout. They just have started feeling like a second home to me or something.

On 11/24/2019 at 10:28 PM, LadyDay said:

In Skyrim I've played the main storyline twice and since it's not a game with a finished "the end" it's not a game I expect to completely stop playing. And I can see myself starting over someday with a new character. 

I've played The Sims with a lot of different Sims, so that's sort of starting over.. I do that about 4-5 times per year. 

My first Skyrim character started glitching the other month after many many hours of play. I have two others, one which I’ve had for a couple years I think, and the third is brand new. I have to keep making new ones so I can adopt all the kids =D

On 11/26/2019 at 8:52 AM, kingpotato said:

I as well I constantly replay my favorite Open world games, GTA V, SKyrim, Read Dead Redemption, and most recently Spider man, Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero dawn. But linear games l only tend to play them once a year if I can. 

We have a very similar schedule for playing games. I have my open world games on a constant loop (well, Fallout 3 is de-rotated temporarily—I just have too many in progress). Linear games I too am aiming for once a year, but so far I haven’t been able to keep up with that.

On 11/26/2019 at 4:52 PM, kingpotato said:

I as well I constantly replay my favorite Open world games, GTA V, SKyrim, Read Dead Redemption, and most recently Spider man, Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero dawn. But linear games l only tend to play them once a year if I can. 

I seem to be generally in the same boat with open world RPG games like Horizon Zero Dawn, Witcher 3 and Skyrim (especially with mods) on my replay list often.  I think the game I've replayed the most is Final Fantasy X, I think I've bought it like 6 times!

12 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I think the game I've replayed the most is Final Fantasy X, I think I've bought it like 6 times!

I know exactly what you're talking about there. I'm the same way with FF8. I don't know how many times I've bought the game, and I'm playing and replaying it constantly. I just got it in a twin pack with FF7 for my Switch in the mail a couple days ago. Right now I'm sitting on like 4 copies of the game, and a few collectible versions of the players guides. I don't need the guides, but hey I'm a FF8 nut.