Register Now
StaceyPowers

How often do you replay your favorite game?

Every 2-3 Months I get back at playing an old game. Warcraft III, Heroes of Might and Magic III, NBA2k14, Fifa98, World of Warcraft, anything really. I even plan to get the old Hercules game and play it in the next month or so.

Definitely depends on the size of the game.  Something like "Bloodborne" or "Ocarina of Time" might get replayed every few years or so.  "Wonder Boy in Monster Land" (a tiny game that I've loved since my preschool days) I've probably completed over 100 times in my life.

Honestly, I don't really feel the need to go back and play old favorites just for the sake of nostalgia. (I totally will if I'm bored and have nothing else to play, though.) A good chunk of my fondness for the games in question tend to be what I'm feeling as I'm playing them for the first time. The first time I finished the Mass Effect trilogy, I remember sitting on the floor in my best friend's dorm room at three o'clock in the morning shoving Doritos into my mouth and sobbing like a baby at having to say goodbye to all my friends. The first time I finished Metal Gear Solid 3, that one thing they make you do in the ending felt like I had literally been punched in the stomach. Replaying those games isn't going to bring back that feeling again, so I don't see a whole lot of point. But maybe that's just me.

I have own dozens of old CD/DVD-ROM's from early to late 2000's, I don't want to get rid of them but I have in the passed, for nostalgic purposes and because I think I'll want to replay them at some point. Games like Boxed version of old GTA and games that I have when I do not have good internet connections. Last 7 years been downloadable games. But when I try to go back to a lot of these old games, I end up playing for an hour or two, but feel like I'm wasting my time. I have so many Steam games that I've bought and never loaded up, I feel a little guilty playing re-runs.