Register Now
LadyDay

Will it run Planet Zoo well? (I know nothing about computer-parts)

Hi guys.

I hope it's not a bother to ask about computer specifications. I have no idea about what can run what and how well.

I'm looking into getting a new computer, that will run the newest games well and not be outdated soon. At the same time I'm on a strict budget. One game I'm in particular excited about is Planet Zoo.  It seems to have high system requirements, if you want to run it on it's highest settings at least. I figure if a computer can run Planet Zoo, it'll also be able to run Assassins Creed: Odyssey and The Witcher 3: Wild hunt well. They seem less demanding. I'm also hoping to be able to run The Elder Scrolls VI someday when it's released, but that will be a while!

I'm looking at a computer with these specs:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-9700F
  • GPU:  Gainward GeForce GTX 1660 Ghost (6 GB)
  • Memory: 16 GB

I'm wondering if a 6 GB graphics card will be fine? For a good number of years in the future. I also don't know the brand Gainward. Is their stuff good quality?

Thanks for helping a confused noob.

I looked at the requirements...

zoo.PNG.4845692f47c3013b2b94fedeae8f4515.PNG

... to find a surprisingly demanding game here.

Regardless, you should be OK with what you have posted as the spec's your computer, but I would recommend, for future proofing sake, to consider a stronger GPU, maybe the 2060 or a 1070 if you can afford it. It's just you have strong CPU would be better paired with a better GPU than a 1060 imo.

Edited by Shagger

Thank you so much for the reply. 

Yes, it's seems to be a beast of a game! 

I've actually decided to go with a new computer anyway, it's not that much more expensive than an "as new" used. However, I'm looking at one that says it has the "ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER DUAL EVO OC 6 GB GDDR6". But as far as I can tell, from Google and the ASUS homepage, that graphics card only comes in 8 GB. So now I'm confused! The seller seems too busy to reply to e-mails right now, with Black Friday starting in 45 minutes. I'm getting stressed! Haha

But that's not the "super" version right? 

It's new and from a reputable seller (store, not private). Anyway, it's a significantly more expensive computer than another I'm looking at with the same card, just without the "super" in the name. That one is definitely only 6 GB. 

I'd ignore the word "super", that's most likely branding. What makes the difference with the cards is that RAM capacity, The seller isn't trying to con you, it's just that the card has variants. I can tell you from experience that even the mobile version of the 6GB 2060 in my laptop when running no higher than 1080p (I wouldn't run a game any higher because it's a laptop) handles the high setting with no issues on every game I've thrown at it so far, including "The Outer Worlds". A desktop variant with adequate cooling can only run even better.

Woohoo, I bought the new computer! 

Specs:

Intel i5-9600K / 3.7-4.6 GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 DUAL EVO OC 6 GB GDDR6, GIGABYTE H310M S2H 2.0, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 C16 , Kingston SSDNow A400 480GB, Thermaltake Smart RGB 600W 80+, Cooler Master 212 Evo

Now I just hope I chose the right machine despite my lack of knowledge and that it runs whatever I throw at it great!