Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games with steepest learning curves?

I was reading this thread from @mont86 about how long it takes to learn a new game, and it made me think of a related question.

A lot of games for me are "dive right in" games where once I figure out the controls, I'm good to go pretty much the same day, and a couple days later, it feels natural to play. But some games definitely have a really steep learning curve. I never got through the learning curve with Souls, for example.

What games have you played which you felt had the steepest learning curves? Were any so steep you gave up?

Assassins Creed definitely. It's the reason I have initially hated it. But I have picked up the first 3 so when I feel up to it, I'm going to start trying it again. Also trying to learn those special moves in Twilight Princess was always a major pain in the ass, and is what made me rate it as one of the worst Zelda games, in my personal opinion.

Years ago for Nintendo and super Nintendo I would grind it out.. And after non playing for 20 years and back into fps games , these new games are so expansive, that I like to get ahead of the curve.. Also want to add that gaming is a great way to stay engaged and watch a monitor.. LOL

I know I didn't really answer the question, but I wanted to have a responsed.

19 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Assassins Creed definitely. It's the reason I have initially hated it. But I have picked up the first 3 so when I feel up to it, I'm going to start trying it again. Also trying to learn those special moves in Twilight Princess was always a major pain in the ass, and is what made me rate it as one of the worst Zelda games, in my personal opinion.

Really ? I felt like assassins creed was too easy, as well as Twilight princess.

11 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Going through the training bullshit at the beginning of the game is what turned me off from it.

Oh yeah the unskippable tutorials on every game are awful and AC 3 has the worst of it, you have to go through the tutorial again after an hour already into the game.