Register Now
StaceyPowers

Take the Levenson Self-Report Psychopathy Scale Test

I put this in this section because I suppose it could be "controversial," but it isn't here to start debate.

https://openpsychometrics.org/tests/LSRP.php

I thought after a recent discussion on sociopathy and video games, @LadyDay and @The Blackangel might enjoy taking the Levenson Self-Report Psychopathy Scale test and (if they're willing) share their results :)

I'll go first:

Your score for primary psychopathy was higher than 75.61% of people who have taken this test.

Your score for secondary psychopathy was higher than 29.26% of people who have taken this test.

Have fun!

You score for primary psychopathy was higher than 5.51% of people who have taken this test.
You score for secondary psychopathy was higher than 12.67% of people who have taken this test.

Seems I'm not a psychopath at all. Maybe some of my angelic ways are because I'm afraid that people might dislike me if I act, or even think, in a selfish fashion? And I lack self esteem a lot, so I ascribe other people more value than myself. 

We all scored as I had guessed. 

I think my secondary psychopathy is lower than average because my OCD makes me cautious/paranoid/careful. I think my primary psychopathy is higher because I have empathy deficits, especially with ToM, and cultivated survival adaptations.

@LadyDay Interesting self-analysis. I have some of those same traits. Seems some of us are trained pretty effectually through socialization during childhood to consider ourselves to be of reduced worth compared to others. I've been working to train myself to remember that I am a person too. Always remember, you count just as much as anyone else :)

1 minute ago, StaceyPowers said:

Always remember, you count just as much as anyone else 🙂

Thank you Stacey. I'm working on it. 🙂 

You seem to show plenty of empathy towards me, and even pixelated girls, so you can't be completely void of it. 🙂 

1 hour ago, LadyDay said:

Thank you Stacey. I'm working on it. 🙂 

You seem to show plenty of empathy towards me, and even pixelated girls, so you can't be completely void of it. 🙂 

Thanks! I suspect you're just easier though, because we are similar enough that I can "guess" and get you right =D

I theorize this is also true with many people who are deemed to have good theory of mind, but they "pass" to themselves and others because they are close to middle of the bell curve, so if they project via golden rule, they get it right by coincidence most of the time. 

Here, why don't you take the self-esteem test: https://openpsychometrics.org/tests/RSE.php

I got: Your score is 16/30. Scores below 15 indicate low self esteem.

43 minutes ago, Shagger said:

God damb it! If I'm around, barricade your doors, lock your kids in the basement and say goodbye to your pets!

I beat your score on primary, but your secondary is way up there =D

Also @LadyDay , @Shagger , @The Blackangel , if it ever loads (it seems broken right now), take the Short Dark Triad test: https://openpsychometrics.org/tests/SD3/ 

8 hours ago, LadyDay said:

I thought people with sociopathy or psychopathy generally had big, inflated egos, so it surprises me. I learned something new.

Not always. It's not one of those "comes with the territory" kind of things. There are psychopaths and sociopaths that literally worship themselves. They believer every god that has ever been worshiped in any religion is their bitch. Then there are those of us that are like me. No self worth, no self value. I guess it's kinda the same as it is among the gen pop.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Not always. It's not one of those "comes with the territory" kind of things. There are psychopaths and sociopaths that literally worship themselves. They believer every god that has ever been worshiped in any religion is their bitch. Then there are those of us that are like me. No self worth, no self value. I guess it's kinda the same as it is among the gen pop.

I hope we can both find a way of getting better at this self esteem thing. It's a bitch! 

On 11/28/2019 at 11:13 PM, LadyDay said:

I got the self-esteem score of 2/30. I clearly need to work on this.

@The Blackangel I'm sorry to see you have such bad self-esteem. I hope we can both get better about that. I thought people with sociopathy or psychopathy generally had big, inflated egos, so it surprises me. I learned something new.

Ouch. Both of you deserve better from yourselves--and from the people throughout your lives that have put these negative narratives in your heads about yourselves. It takes time, but things can get better. 

One of the things that helped me most was realizing that most people are at least somewhat self-absorbed, and when people criticize us, it often has more to do with the sum of their life experiences than it does to do with us.  

11 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Ouch. Both of you deserve better from yourselves--and from the people throughout your lives that have put these negative narratives in your heads about yourselves. It takes time, but things can get better. 

One of the things that helped me most was realizing that most people are at least somewhat self-absorbed, and when people criticize us, it often has more to do with the sum of their life experiences than it does to do with us.  

I'm fortunate that nobody have been deliberately mean to me. Things can hurt when they are coming from the community around you though, not from any one person in general. And it makes it harder, because there's not one person in particular who's clearly being a jerk and you start to think "can they all be wrong or am I really such-and-such?" 

When your mother reminds you daily how worthless you are, and that she wished she had aborted you, while your father beats the shit out of you for fun, I don't think the community has much to do with that. And when your uncle tries to kill you at the age of 2, I don't think the community has much to do with that either.