Register Now
skyfire

YouTube new Policy on Acceptable Violence

I'm confused, from what I understand this is technically not a bad thing,  according to these guidelines youtube creators will able to upload simulated or planned violent videos without getting an age restriction "ban" or "tag" (I dont know what to call it), which makes the video harder to find or watch, instead the videos will be subject to approval from Youtube.

Edited by kingpotato

32 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I'm confused, from what I understand this is technically not a bad thing,  according to these guidelines youtube creators will able to upload simulated or planned violent videos without getting an age restriction "ban" or "tag" (I dont know what to call it), which makes the video harder to find or watch, instead the videos will be subject to approval from Youtube.

That’s what I was getting from the article as well. I really don’t see the problem here.

17 hours ago, kingpotato said:

For consumer side there is no issue. It only affects gamers who play horror, thriller, action, zombie genre of the games where violence can't be controlled inside the game. 

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

Affects as in maybe they get tags for violent game inside sort of warning. And maybe also have to take down game or being asked to shadow list to certain age group. 

Thats actually whats getting me confused, according to the guidelines the new policies will help content creators to prevent their videos from being shadow listed from a certain age group due to violent content. I know that YouTube has been demonetizing a lot of videos recently and these guidelines are supposed to help prevent that, well at least thats what I understood.