Register Now
The Blackangel

Physically Violent Console Wars Amongst Gamers

I remember back when N64, PS1, and Xbox were all going head to head everyone had their favorite console. That was natural amongst gamers. What I saw all too often was the differing opinions come to blows. I have always been a Nintendo fan ever since NES came out. But when a PlayStation kid and Nintendo kid start beating the shit out of each other, and then both turn on the Xbox kid, that's where I get lost. You like different systems. Good for you, or fuck you. Whichever you prefer. The one time someone tried to pick a fight with me over consoles I cracked her in the face with a shovel. No one bothered me personally after that. But why? If I don't want to play an Xbox, I have the right to not play the damn Xbox. If you don't want to play on my Nintendo, then you have the right to not play on my Nintendo. Why is that so hard to understand? Different consoles, different capabilities, different options, different everything. I have a real hard time picturing Castlevania SOTN on a cartridge. Can you picture FF7 on N64? Neither can I. Don't even get me started where Halo and COD would be without Xbox.

But was literally drawing blood really a requirement to like a different console than the kid standing next to you? I've never been tolerant of stupidity, or willing to even try to understand it because I refuse to insult myself. But this was next level stupid, as well as bat shit crazy. Does anyone else remember this?

I definately remember witnessing and, admittedly, being in some heated argumnets about consoles way back in the 90's and early 2000's but I've never seen it actully getting physical.  I've long since grown out of it, I mean it's poinless championing any of them!  Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and the pardae of compaines involed in whatever PC setup and games you might have don't care if you die tommorow, your just one of a ton of numbers that supplies them with revenue.

Haha I can understand. Some people game so much, it becomes personal. When you attack their gaming, you are personally attacking that individual. A non-gamer may think of this as insane but if you're a gamer, you will most likely know.

I just don't give a shit what someone's preference is, for the most part. Sometimes I actually like it when preferences are completely different. Differing opinions and preferences make for more entertaining chat. But you get what you give. If you try to tell me I'm wrong because I do/do not like >insert game title/platform< then we have a problem on our hands.

People who get physical over this need to take a break from playing computer games. Gamers need to realize that gaming is only a passion of theirs, and it shouldn't become an obsession. People should control emotions, as there are bigger debates in the world than a discussing which console is the best. 

Edited by Alexander.