Register Now
StaceyPowers

What made you buy your console of choice?

Just read that @The Blackangel recently bought an Xbox One after avoiding Xbox for a very long time after spotting a great deal at GameStop.

It got me wondering what motivated everyone here to buy the consoles you own.

For the longest time, I was a PC-only gamer, until I managed to buy my current PS3 off of my neighbour for cheap after borrowing it for a year or so.

Between PlayStation and Xbox, I was always leaning toward PlayStation, simply because I am not a big fan of Microsoft. I do feel like Sony is really backwards with a lot of its policies and attitudes though, so both options leave a lot to be desired. I will buy the PS5 and not the Scarlett though, because of Sony’s exclusives.

What about you? What made you choose the console you have today?

I was a Colecovision kid when I was young. It was cheaper than Atari. Granted it was owned by Atari, and was pretty much the same system, but still. I remember the NES coming out in '85. It was the peak of gaming and the graphics and abilities the system had were mind blowing. So I wanted one. I got it a couple years late and played it like hell. Then the SNES came out. I saved up every penny I could get my hands on for over a year to buy one. You can see where this is going. With the exception of Game Cube and Wii, I have always been a Nintendo fan. The only systems I have never owned that they have put out since NES are Virtual Boy and Wii U. I've had every version of GameBoy. So since I grew up with Nintendo that's where most of my loyalty sticks. PS1 and PS3 have great games, and I play them a lot. But for me the top of gaming will always be Nintendo.

Well through my childhood I didnt really had a choice , I was just happy to have a console regardless of the brand. I do remember asking my parents for a many types of consoles but it was never a direct choice, still I had cool consoles like the N64, PS2 and whole bunch of gameboys and NDS. But for the Xbox 360 I had the option to choose, and I choose that over the ps3 because the ps3 at the time was more expensive and besides all my friends had an Xbox 360. And I got the PS4 just for God of War alone 😁

Nintendo and PlayStation have always seemed to cater to my gaming tastes a little more that XBox, especially PlayStation. But still, I bought the PS4 first mostly because of how badly  XBox messed up it's launch of Xbox One. However, it became the more played console for the same reason as was traditional, better exclusives, more to my taste. I also play on PC, of course, but in terms of gaming, the PS4 has been my main go to this gen.