Register Now
StaceyPowers

Will you buy the PS5 or Xbox Scarlett?

Who here has plans to purchase a next gen console? Will you be going with the PlayStation 5 or the Xbox Scarlett, and why? How soon do you plan to buy your next console?

After skipping a generation (PS4), I plan to buy the PS5 since it should be able to play PS4 games. I prefer the more extensive backwards compatibility which Xbox features, but what can I say? I am a huge TLOU fan, and it’s a PlayStation exclusive, and that is a big enough factor to get me to buy a PS5 instead of the Scarlett. While I would love to buy it when it comes out during the holiday release window next year, I will probably wait up to a year for the price to drop.

What are your next gen plans?

@DylanC @The Blackangel @kingpotato @Alyxx @killamch89 @skyfire @Executor Akamia @Shagger

59 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I will probably go for the PS5 just because of the exclusives, but I will wait until TES6 comes out.

This pretty much reflects my thoughts. I'm a multi-plat gamer and hold no sense of brand loyalty, but the PS4 killed it with its exclusive games and Sony knows and wants to keep that going. Microsoft I think have also learned from that and thus have put a lot of investment in new studios and stuff over the last couple of years and that I think the next Xbox will have some superb games, just not right away.

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

This pretty much reflects my thoughts. I'm a multi-plat gamer and hold no sense of brand loyalty, but the PS4 killed it with its exclusive games and Sony knows and wants to keep that going. Microsoft I think have also learned from that and thus have put a lot of investment in new studios and stuff over the last couple of years and that I think the next Xbox will have some superb games, just not right away.

I'm not so sure, I think allot of the PS5's initial "exclusive" line up is going to be ports of 2020 PS4 games like The Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima and we won't see many TRUE exclusives until the following spring and summer.  I think this because initial reports from Sony actually had their release date in 2021 but they pulled it forward to react to Microsoft's announcement that their system was coming in holidays 2020. They can push to get the hardware out faster than initially planned but it doesn't mean the games will necessarily be ready by then and we've seen far to many times what can happen when game development gets rushed.

I think that Microsoft shifted their focus onto next gen a bit quicker than sony did because, and let's be honest, this gen hasn't gone so well for them and may have the initial advantage as a result.

Edited by Crazycrab