Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most disliked party members in single player video games?

We probably already have a thread somewhere on our favorite party members in various single player games, but I don’t think we have one on party members we can’t stand.

Are there any characters that just annoy the heck out of you who are eligible to be in your party? Do any of them annoy you so much you dismiss them completely?

This topic leapt to mind while playing Mass Effect last night, and deciding I don’t like Ashley’s attitude toward aliens. I don’t know if Mass Effect lets you boot people out entirely, but I’ll probably still keep her around in case she has an interesting story.

Snow from FFXIII

3dd4768f1ed884af191739e40e3359de2735590a

This self-righteous douche canoe is so annoying and dumb blind to what is going around him it's almost funny, but it stays in cringe. His abilities are useful in combat, but I can't stand the character. The game tries everything humanly possible to make you like him, but none of it works.

He is so beyond salvageable as a character that even having him played by Troy Baker couldn't save him. Think about that.

21 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Snow from FFXIII

3dd4768f1ed884af191739e40e3359de2735590a

This self-righteous douche canoe is so annoying and dumb blind to what is going around him it's almost funny, but it stays in cringe. His abilities are useful in combat, but I can't stand the character. The game tries everything humanly possible to make you like him, but none of it works.

He is so beyond salvageable as a character that even having him played by Troy Baker couldn't save him. Think about that.

I'd like to extend the similar sentiments to EVERYONE in that bloody game!

Lightning is a bitch!

Hope is a wimp!

Fang is a genocidal maniac!

Sazh is an idiot!

Finally Vannile is the Disney Princess edition of Jar Jar Binks!

4 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I'd like to extend the similar sentiments to EVERYONE in that bloody game!

Lightning is a bitch!

Hope is a wimp!

Fang is a genocidal maniac!

Sazh is an idiot!

Finally Vannile is the Disney Princess edition of Jar Jar Binks!

Indeed. I do remember Cinderella getting trigged and going on a massive twitter rant about much Vannile offended her.