Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that are harder on console (or PC)?

@LadyDay was mentioning that her sister finds it more stressful to play The Sims on PlayStation than on PC, which led her to wondering if it the game is harder to play on console than it is on a computer.

This made me wonder what games everyone here has played on multiple platforms, and whether some platforms made the games significantly more challenging.

@Crazycrab mentioned using the console commands for Skyrim, which was the example that sprung to mind for me as well. So many times, I find myself with a problem in Skyrim, and I look up the solution, only to find that there is no way to solve the problem on PS3, as the only known solutions are console commands I would have to enter on PC. So I can definitely say that makes the game harder to play on PS3.

Diablo comes to mind for me. I think it's a bit more difficult on PC than it is on PS1. Sure, you can download programs to craft your own weapons and armor, and make your characters more or less invincible. But forgoing that, I think that it's designed just differently enough, that there is more challenge on PC.

The Sims and most other games with that kind of RTS isometric design are better suited to a PC interface.  The experience on console can feel a little cumbersome.  In case of Skyrim and similar games (especially from Bethesda) you can use debug consoles and/or mods to bypass certain issues or make the game easier.

Beyond those two situations and bad ports aside (like Arkham Knight on PC for instance) I can't really think of any other situation where playing on a PC (or a console) makes the game any easier.  For the most part it doesn't make any difference.

4 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Beyond those two situations and bad ports aside (like Arkham Knight on PC for instance) I can't really think of any other situation where playing on a PC (or a console) makes the game any easier.  For the most part it doesn't make any difference.

You're right for the most part. It really doesn't make a difference what platform a game is on 99% of the time. But we all know there's some asshole out there that just wants to pick a fight, and will argue that a game is impossible to play on one platform but is easy to play on another, when there's no damn difference.

when it comes to controls, no game is hard on PC, but on consoles, i believe that shooting/fps games are so hard to handle with controllers when they are piece of cake (accuracy problem still exists) with mouse and keyboard

Never even would thought of that, I think in terms of any platform it be the same level 🙂 the game and gameplay will be and always be the same. GTA is 🙂 most games that I play are the same 🙂 I mean why wouldn't they? 

On 12/15/2019 at 4:04 PM, Crazycrab said:

The Sims and most other games with that kind of RTS isometric design are better suited to a PC interface.  The experience on console can feel a little cumbersome.  In case of Skyrim and similar games (especially from Bethesda) you can use debug consoles and/or mods to bypass certain issues or make the game easier.

You pretty much said what needed to be said but I might add that it depends on the game's interface and what platform it was optimized for.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:02 PM, The Blackangel said:

Diablo comes to mind for me. I think it's a bit more difficult on PC than it is on PS1. Sure, you can download programs to craft your own weapons and armor, and make your characters more or less invincible. But forgoing that, I think that it's designed just differently enough, that there is more challenge on PC.

I have played Diablo but I'm not sure if it's more harder than Dark Souls. I think Dark Souls is way beyond hard but also impossible. 

I tend to find games that you build stuff in an environment, easier to play on the computer over playing it on something like the X-Box. The only game I got adjusted to playing cross system, would be Halo Wars. Still trying to play cross system games, to get adjusted to different types of games that can be played using either sets of controls.

10 hours ago, Joshua Farrell said:

I tend to find games that you build stuff in an environment, easier to play on the computer over playing it on something like the X-Box. The only game I got adjusted to playing cross system, would be Halo Wars. Still trying to play cross system games, to get adjusted to different types of games that can be played using either sets of controls.

I thought Halo was an Xbox exclusive?

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is a lot harder on console than it is on PC. Firstly, you don't have as much buttons to assign certain controls to. And secondly, it's a lot harder to play with a controller so it's definitely easier on PC.

1 hour ago, Darth said:

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is a lot harder on console than it is on PC. Firstly, you don't have as much buttons to assign certain controls to. And secondly, it's a lot harder to play with a controller so it's definitely easier on PC.

Actually the recently released XBox Series X/S version of the game works with controllers, Keyboard + mouse and flight sticks.

https://www.purexbox.com/features/everything-you-need-to-know-about-microsoft-flight-simulator-on-xbox-game-pass#what-controllers-are-supported-with-microsoft-flight-simulator-for-xbox-series-x-andamp-series-s