Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that are harder on console (or PC)?

1 hour ago, Darth said:

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is a lot harder on console than it is on PC. Firstly, you don't have as much buttons to assign certain controls to. And secondly, it's a lot harder to play with a controller so it's definitely easier on PC.

That's both very vague and an opinion, not a fact. Saying MFS is easier to play with a M/K because of the complicated and varied nature of the game is fair enough, but why that doesn't mean controllers are difficult to use in general. I find M/K is better for RTS games, some MMO's and certain simulation style games like MFS, but more awkward and limiting compared to a controller for games that are stealth heavy and/or in 3rd person and/or primarily focused on melee combat. I'd never say "Controllers are better because they works better with Horizon Zero Dawn and Metal Gear Solid.", I'd say I find they're better for those games. I've banged on about this many times before because I just don't get that logic. The statement is obviously not true, it's a matter of personal preference, so why say that?

Edited by Shagger

Isn't this whole post meant for opinions? A certain game might be harder on console or PC for someone and not for someone else. I should have mentioned that it was my opinion because as someone who plays MSFS on the Series X, I do feel like its quite hard to control the plane especially during landing with a controller.

I don't remember saying controllers were difficult in general either so I'm not sure why other games are mentioned here. I love using a controller since I'm a console gamer.

EDIT: Just realised you've read my post wrong. I meant it was lot harder to play with a controller for MSFS, not in general.

Edited by Darth

On 1/20/2021 at 9:01 AM, skyfire said:

Age of Empire would be lot easier on PC than console. I think a lot of region selection and movement  based games tend to be difficult on console. I don't know how some people play it. 

Seriously, there are some games that would be easy to some people and still be hard to some other people. 

I think many people would laugh at me, but I find racing games like NFS more fun to play in keyboard than controller. I have played this game in both PS4 and PC. I can handle the car more swiftly through my keys than joysticks, it my personal view though. 😊

1 hour ago, Darth said:

Isn't this whole post meant for opinions? A certain game might be harder on console or PC for someone and not for someone else. I should have mentioned that it was my opinion because as someone who plays MSFS on the Series X, I do feel like its quite hard to control the plane especially during landing with a controller.

I don't remember saying controllers were difficult in general either so I'm not sure why other games are mentioned here. I love using a controller since I'm a console gamer.

EDIT: Just realised you've read my post wrong. I meant it was lot harder to play with a controller for MSFS, not in general.

I didn't read it wrong, your grammar and overall word craft was poor, there's a difference.  What it should have looked like to express what you really meant would be something like this;

Original

22 hours ago, Darth said:

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is a lot harder on console than it is on PC. Firstly, you don't have as much buttons to assign certain controls to. And secondly, it's a lot harder to play with a controller so it's definitely easier on PC.

Corrected

22 hours ago, Darth said:

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is a lot harder on console than it is on PC because the game is more difficult to manage with a controller compared to a M/K. You don't have as many buttons to assign certain controls to on a controller and that's a problem for this particular game. 

Separating the description of why the game is easier to control with a M/K from the statement "it's a lot harder to play with a controller" into two different points (you literally called them first and second) and two separate sentences did exactly that, turned them into two separate points that didn't directly connect. I know this is the internet and not an English exam, but just a little care into the quality of the typed word can go a long way to making your points clear. I admit I'm not brilliant at this either. 3/4 of the posts I've made I've edited because I've re-read them and noticed mistakes.

Edited by Shagger

3 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I think many people would laugh at me, but I find racing games like NFS more fun to play in keyboard than controller. I have played this game in both PS4 and PC. I can handle the car more swiftly through my keys than joysticks, it my personal view though. 😊

Now that is a very controversial opinion. It's not a racing game but I have tried playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 with a keyboard and it was not at all a good experience. I think driving games are definitely easier to control with a controller. Would be interesting to see two players use a keyboard and controller to see if there is a huge difference in the results.

3 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

That is a little strange, keyboard controls don't have an sensitivity which suggest's that they wouldn't be good for steering accurately.  But fuck it, you do you!

On 8/22/2021 at 4:38 PM, Razor1911 said:

On 8/22/2021 at 8:26 PM, Darth said:

Now that is a very controversial opinion. It's not a racing game but I have tried playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 with a keyboard and it was not at all a good experience. I think driving games are definitely easier to control with a controller. Would be interesting to see two players use a keyboard and controller to see if there is a huge difference in the results.

First thing I wanna say @Razor1911, if that works for you, then good for you. Don't change for anyone.

However, I must admit, I do find it a little strange that you do find racing games easier to play with M/K because the interface really isn't designed to work with it. Keyboard keys are a digital input, they're either fully on or fully off, so they can't replicate partial or inputs the way analogue sticks can. You're either on full throttle or no throttle, full brakes or no breaks, full steering lock or no steering at at all. Technically, it should be a nightmare.

I suppose it was like even for console games back in the day before the N64 and games made for Playstation's DualShock controller came out, but racing games back then were very arcade like and were made to work with the more simple controllers that they were back then, it's a very different world now with different expectations as simulation is more favoured and easier to achieve these days.

Edited by Shagger

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

That is a little strange, keyboard controls don't have an sensitivity which suggest's that they wouldn't be good for steering accurately.  But fuck it, you do you!

Exactly but hey it's easier for him using keyboard but as for me, it's definitely a lot more easier with controllers in console for NFS or any other racing games. 

On 8/21/2021 at 9:19 AM, The Blackangel said:

I thought Halo was an Xbox exclusive?

They have updated the entire set to work on the computer. The last thing they officially worked on and implemented for it, was cross system play for the multiplayer settings. Now you can play on the computer with friends on console, whether it be campaign missions, or general multiplayer. It has some getting used to using a keyboard and mouse, if you don't have a controller attached to your computer for gaming.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

It just hit me that Xbox is owned by Microsoft, which I completely forgot. So it's not all that big of a leap to take an Xbox exclusive game and put it on PC as well, since the own the patent on both.

Yes, it's quite very easy task for them to have completed without even much paper works to finalize it. It's just like giving consent to having it done. 

On 8/22/2021 at 10:38 AM, Razor1911 said:

That is bizarre as hell - I'd understand if you had a racing wheel but whatever works for you man.

21 hours ago, Joshua Farrell said:

They have updated the entire set to work on the computer. The last thing they officially worked on and implemented for it, was cross system play for the multiplayer settings. Now you can play on the computer with friends on console, whether it be campaign missions, or general multiplayer. It has some getting used to using a keyboard and mouse, if you don't have a controller attached to your computer for gaming.

Most of hardcore PC gamers that I have come across don't really feel comfortable using controller attached to their system. It's strictly keyboard and mouse for gaming for them.