Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you do when a game becomes too easy?

@The Blackangel  was talking about using Game Genie in order to make opponents stronger when games become too easy.

I was wondering what everyone else’s strategies are for continuing to get the most out of a game when the challenge goes away even at the hardest settings?

I don’t find this a problem with story-driven games, as I am mostly playing them to enjoy the stories. But with open world games, I will usually try and challenge myself to play through with a different set of weapons/tactics.

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Well nowadays one can easily modify the difficulty when starting a new game or even during the game itself. 

I start on arcade mode then modify when I get better … I like to feel like I'm good before it kicks mu butt.. lol

I've got allot to say about game difficulty, but I'll probably save it for a new thread. For this topic, I'll always play a game on default to begin with. If game is too easy, crank up the difficulty settings. Simple. Having to do anything else like purposefully handicap yourself somehow or artificially give the AI an advantage is a mark of bad game design. People like to do stuff like try to beat The Last of Us with only bricks and bottles, but that's different, it's a self-imposed challenge.