Register Now
DimensionalGamer

Any Pick up lines?

Do people actually use pick up lines? Since the 90s? People have always approached me with more normal human interaction. Level playing field, nobody playing an active or passive role. That is if I haven't hunted them down first. Muahaha! 

21 minutes ago, Shagger said:

So I guess my pick up line was "Who likes Rammstein?"

Pfft. If you want to pick me up, and make it stick for a decade, you have to go death metal. Say "who likes Arch Enemy?" and you'll have me wrapped around your finger! 😄 (Fortunatelhy my partner of 12 years is a metal head too. Though at the night we met we (somewhat drunkenly) danced to something as soft and romantic as "sweet child of mine" and since he's 15 years older than me, and I was only 21, that song made sense and stuck with us, so I still go all soft and remember that faithful Christmas party 12 years ago when I hear it. That's how we picked each other up.). 

@LadyDay you're a touch off. Arch Enemy is black metal. Six Feet Under, now there is a death metal band. Chris Barnes is awesome there. Cannibal Corpse was good during the Chris Barnes years, but when he left I was done. Some other bands you might like are Dimmu Borgir, Marduk, Them, Cradle Of Filth, Deicide, Broken Hope, and Kreator to name just a few. My all time favorite band will always be Disturbed, but there's others I like too.

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

@LadyDay you're a touch off. Arch Enemy is black metal. Six Feet Under, now there is a death metal band. Chris Barnes is awesome there. Cannibal Corpse was good during the Chris Barnes years, but when he left I was done. Some other bands you might like are Dimmu Borgir, Marduk, Them, Cradle Of Filth, Deicide, Broken Hope, and Kreator to name just a few. My all time favorite band will always be Disturbed, but there's others I like too.

I'm not super strong on the exact differences in sound between melodic death and black metal, but you might be right. I've listened to it since I was a teenager, but I was never exactly a musician myself. I went to an Arch Enemy concert last week, and it was awesome, so that rekindled my love for them. I was on a complete high from the performance of Alissa White-Gluz, hence why that's the band that came to mind. I know and love most of the bands you mention and must say you have great taste! I don't know Marduk, Them or Broken Hope, but will check them out since you're spot on with the others. I get why you like Disturbed. 

I could be picked up with with Dimmu Borgir too! 😄

28 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Arch Enemy are definitely a death metal band. Well, melodic death metal to be more precise. In the vain of In Flames, At The Gates and Scar Symmetry. Still, like that selection, especially Kreator and Dimmu Borgir and Disturbed. I've never heard "Them" (to whomever it was that came up that band name, haha, very funny) and "Broken Hope". I'll have to check them out.

EDIT: Probably should continue this in this thread before this goes off-topic.

Edited by Shagger

Hello and a smile is the go to. Pickup lines are used for fun after getting to know the person. That's how it used to go for me haha.

"Would you rather eat a goat baby or a matter baby?"

"What's a matter baby?"

"Nothing. What's the matter with you baby?"

It's goofy and corny and I said that to my girl after a week of getting to know her. She thought it was cute/funny. 

Just say hi, be genuine, and if you elect to make a compliment as your first interaction keep it non-sexual.

Pickup lines are useful for online dating apps but if you have the courage to approach a woman in-person you're already ahead of the curb and there is no reason to use a pickup line. If you're genuine, and the woman is single, open, and warm hearted you'll be fine. Just takes practice. It's a numbers game, really.