Register Now
Shagger

Ask Shagger

2 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Are you religious?

No, I do not. To me, religion is for people who want to relinquish responsibility for what they say, don't say and even what they think and feel within themselves to some, so called, "higher power".  I just don't need that. Reality asks the provocative questions and simultaneously provides the most evocative answers. Don't get wrong, I see Christianity, Islam, Judaism or any of the others as "evil" or anything, far from it in fact, it's people that twist thier teachings and lessons to suit thier own agenda's, but I just feel I need them to guide me.

36 minutes ago, Shagger said:

No, I do not. To me, religion is for people who want to relinquish responsibility for what they say, don't say and even what they think and feel within themselves to some, so called, "higher power".  I just don't need that. Reality asks the provocative questions and simultaneously provides the most evocative answers. Don't get wrong, I see Christianity, Islam, Judaism or any of the others as "evil" or anything, far from it in fact, it's people that twist thier teachings and lessons to suit thier own agenda's, but I just feel I need them to guide me.

Yeah, I can't stand people who relinquish for what they do on to something and/or something else.

On 11/24/2021 at 7:36 PM, The Blackangel said:

What do you think is the ugliest console, cosmetically speaking?

For the purposes of this I'm going to discount add-ons like the SEGA-32X and the Atari Jaguar CD, but consider them notable mentions because one looks like a toilet and the other looks like something you would drop in it...

Atari_Jaguar_CD_01.thumb.jpg.fd543dbe49ed52bb1cd9fd49522ee7e6.jpg

Sega-Genesis-32X-01.thumb.jpg.968c60f23d5e8a9772f10aed20ce8f12.jpg

For a stand alone, mainstream console, I'd have to go for both versions of the Super Nintendo/Super Famicom

image_2021-11-24_200842.thumb.png.01a54165545c0c8fca14f489cc235172.png

PAL SNES/Super Famicon Design                                                             NTSC SNES Design

Now, before somebody goes insane, I am NOT dissing the console itself. It's a beloved classic for many very good reasons, but if you actually stop and look at them, there is little to compliment.

The NTSC SNES was designed by somebody who lost his pencil case and only had a ruler left. It's very "white goods" in appearance apart from that weird ridge in the middle. Were they trying to make it look like a bicep or something? It really stands out and just doesn't look it it should be there.

The PAL SNES/Super Femidom is, if anything, even worse. It's so dull, I'm struggling to even come up with anything to say. A kid back in 1991 would have to know what it was to regard it with any excitement. Compare it to it's big rival a the time, and I think you'll understand what I mean;

1200px-Sega_Mega_Drive_PAL.thumb.jpg.92ecc05f9c7e72a58441956bbb076f52.jpg

Whilst the SNES looks like something your mum would wash your cloths in, that look likes a Tie Bamber. Enough said.

Edited by Shagger

5 hours ago, Shagger said:

Been playing video games for over 30 years. Damn, that makes me feel old...

That's superb, its been a really long one for you. You're more than a video game Rockie. So, how old are you now since you've played over 30 years? 

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's superb, its been a really long one for you. You're more than a video game Rockie. So, how old are you now since you've played over 30 years? 

36. I was around 5-6 years old when I played my first video game.

5 hours ago, Shagger said:

36. I was around 5-6 years old when I played my first video game.

You're a Young Man, it's been a long time you started playing. And their is many more years for you to keep enjoying yourself around one of your favourite hobbies on Earth. 

Another question please; Do you earn money being around video game industry base on your vast experiences around gaming? 

36 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

You're a Young Man, it's been a long time you started playing. And their is many more years for you to keep enjoying yourself around one of your favourite hobbies on Earth. 

Another question please; Do you earn money being around video game industry base on your vast experiences around gaming? 

No. Quite frankly my job couldn't be further from the video games industry and I'm actually thankful for that. It keeps gaming very much where I want it in my life, as a hobby.