Register Now
Shagger

Ask Shagger

On 6/16/2020 at 5:40 AM, Shagger said:

The Ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum. I've been fascinated by Geology and Volcanology since I was a kid and find the Romans to be an interesting lot, so the chance to explore both passions and see where the most famous volcanic event in human history happened would be a dream come true. Hopefully I'd be allowed to climb Mt Vesuvius and see the other volcanic site in the area as well. 

I went to Pompeii! They were definitely shorter in 79 than people are today. Stools and bar tops were low to the ground. There was even a preserved brothel with beds that fit  5 ft people. Paintings depicted different positions! No lie. There are also preserved bodies there. 

1 minute ago, infamoushabit_ said:

Do you play call of duty, and would you want to play?

No, I don't. I don't have anything against the franchise (aside from some of Activision's business practices), it just isn't my sort of thing. To me, COD is kind of like birthdays in your 30's. May have had good reason to get exited for a new one in past years, but there's been so many before, there'll be more after and I've just got no reason to get excited about the one that's next. All a new COD game is to me is a reminder I'm a little older.

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

Who is your favorite and least favorite member of the royal family? Why?

I only like any of them when the're publicly drunk, a sadly rare occurrence these days. Would it really be asking too much for the Queen to have a few too many brandys one night, drunkenly call Vladimir Putin and declare war?

58 minutes ago, Shagger said:

No, I don't. I don't have anything against the franchise (aside from some of Activision's business practices), it just isn't my sort of thing. To me, COD is kind of like birthdays in your 30's. May have had good reason to get exited for a new one in past years, but there's been so many before, there'll be more after and I've just got no reason to get excited about the one that's next. All a new COD game is to me is a reminder I'm a little older.

I can see that. I only play really for sniping, i like to quickscope. The only reason i get excited every year for a new one is because they have different things, its just slight change ups to the same formula i love 💖 it does still get stale. The last couple months for instance, im just waiting for the new in on November now for the most part lol. 

18 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Bricks or bottles?

18 hours ago, Shagger said:

Bricks

What the hell does that mean? The only way I can think of that they could be related is like a brick of blow or junk to a bottle of whiskey.

Edited by The Blackangel

2 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

What the hell does that mean? The only way I can think of that they could be related is like a brick of blow or junk to a bottle of whiskey.

I should explain. Only @StaceyPowers can confirm this, but I think what she was doing was playing off a bit of an in-joke within "The Last of Us" community. In the first game, you could use bricks or bottles (and only bricks or bottles) as throwing items to distract or stun enemies, but everyone prefers bricks. That's partly because they do offer a slight gameplay advantage as you can use them as one-shot melee weapons (you're still far better off with an actual melee weapon, so the advantage is barely there), but it's mostly because of the well known "Brick Fucking Master" line from the Left Behind from the DLC (that's the GIF I posted).

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

I should explain. Only @StaceyPowers can confirm this, but I think what she was doing was playing off a bit of an in-joke within "The Last of Us" community. In the first game, you could use bricks or bottles (and only bricks or bottles) as throwing items to distract or stun enemies, but everyone prefers bricks. That's partly because they do offer a slight gameplay advantage as you can use them as one-shot melee weapons (you're still far better off with an actual melee weapon, so the advantage is barely there), but it's mostly because of the well known "Brick Fucking Master" line from the Left Behind from the DLC (that's the GIF I posted).

Yes, this was what I was asking =D 

I think I've managed that one-shot melee thing like ... twice. But I still almost always have a brick instead of a bottle. Just in case.

11 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I'll be the first to ask - Why'd you choose such an interesting name?

Yes, five pages of this, and nobody thought to ask. I have to admit I wonder why nobody else has asked, until now.

It was an old high school nickname that a friend randomly gave to me that sort of... stuck. I've used as an online tag, and that's been going on for years. There was a reputation that went along with the name that may or may not be true, but that's basically it.

Edited by Shagger

12 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Yes, five pages of this, and nobody thought to ask. I have to admit I wonder why nobody else has asked, until now.

It was an old high school nickname that a friend randomly gave to me that sort of... stuck. I've used as an online tag, and that's been going on for years. There was a reputation that went along with the name that may or may not be true, but that's basically it.

That pretty interesting

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

Translation: Got laid a lot.