Register Now
StaceyPowers

Best sunsets in video games?

I was enjoying a dramatic sunset IRL yesterday which reminded me of a specific sunset in a video game—namely when you’re at Soldier’s Field in BioShock Infinite, and everything is sort of luminous lavender. It is a static sunset, but still one that sticks with you, not the least because that warm glow fits with some of the fleeting moments of peace and hopefulness in that section of the game.

As far as dynamic sunsets go, I think my favorites are those in Skyrim, but Fallout also does a good job with sunsets, and so does RDR.

What are your favorite sunsets in video games? And on that note, what about your favorite sunrises?

@kingpotato @killamch89 tagging you both because I think we've talked about video game weather before, and this topic is in that area.

53 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

The best sunset or sunrise can be found in Horizon Zero Dawn, you can literally tell when the first or last rays of sun are touching the grass and the environment overall and this is a on a PS4 slim that I'm using as reference.

I have to agree. I never seen a game with the dawn and dust more beautifully done.

EM5rsMbXYAA4yAG?format=jpg&name=large