Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you do with your old consoles?

For those of you who have purchased many consoles over the years, what do you do with them? Have you kept them all? Have you sold some of them? Have you given some of them away? What makes you decide to sell/give one rather than hang onto it?

@The Blackangel @DylanC @skyfire @killamch89 @kingpotato @LadyDay @Alyxx @Crazycrab @Shagger

It depends if I have duplicates or not. Typically I have more than one of every system, just in case one decides to be an asshole. If I have more than that, then I bundle them together and resell them, or trade them. Otherwise I hang on to them. I've said this before, but at the moment I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 PS2's and I think 4 PS3's. As far as Nintendo consoles, I have no clue. Too many to count.

I haven't had any consoles, but I figure I'd treat them the way I do a PC. I just bought my second ever gaming PC last month (still so excited!), and I don't think the old one, despite being ten years old, is being tossed anytime soon. It still works well and can play a bunch of older games I like, so it's nice to have as a backup. So for now, it's staying with me. If I get tired of how much space it takes up I'll give it away. Too old to sell.

I tend to think it's better to hang on to your old consoles, even if they become closet ornaments. You never know when you'll get that itch to play an old game that is on an old console. If you didn't hang onto it, then you're gonna lose your mind. I rarely touch any of my PS2, Game Cube, or Wii games. Mainly because I really don't like the systems, but they have a couple good games that I enjoy. So I have kept them, but they're not hooked up anywhere. They're in a box and have been there for years.

I dont like me consoles to be stored away, so most of the times I sell my consoles. Right now I want to get rid of my old xbox 360, I dont feel like I'm going to play the games on it again anytime soon, it is going to hurt me to get rid of Skyrim and GTA V but I think I have played enough with those games over the years.

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I dont like me consoles to be stored away, so most of the times I sell my consoles. Right now I want to get rid of my old xbox 360, I dont feel like I'm going to play the games on it again anytime soon, it is going to hurt me to get rid of Skyrim and GTA V but I think I have played enough with those games over the years.

I've got a feeling that if you get rid of all of it, that you're going to regret it.

A couple of years ago, the decision was made to get rid of my old Xbox 360 because I didn't think I was going to play anymore video games, anytime soon. I like any old-gaming platform to be safely kept until I get round to selling it. As a gamer, I buy and sell using CeX- We Buy

Edited by Alexander.