Register Now
StaceyPowers

Console vs PC: which do you usually prefer?

Do you play most of your games on a console or on a gaming PC? If you had a choice and ALL of your games could be on either type of platform, would you opt to play exclusively on PC or console, or would you prefer a mixture of both?

I have a few games on PC that aren’t on console, but at this point, if I could play everything on console, I would. I find the controller and the setup more ergonomic, and I prefer my larger screen.

@LadyDay @DylanC @The Blackangel @Alyxx @skyfire @Shagger @Crazycrab @kingpotato @killamch89

I'm sorry @StaceyPowers, but even this very question grinds my gears. There's swings and roundabouts, but just asking said question implies console and PC gamers have to agree that there's an overall advantage to one or the other and I hate that. I'm a multiplat gamer, and could do into detail about the differences between the platforms and make clear how I feel about them, but why? Nobody would learn anything.

The only thing I'm willing to dedicate myself to is that PC fanboys are the worst, but I still dread the social media garbage we're inevitably due from console fanboys with the next generation over the next few months.

Like I said, there's ups and downs to both consoles an PC's, but what really matters to me as a multiplat gamer is games. So, just play fucking games!

25 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I'm sorry @StaceyPowers, but even this very question grinds my gears. There's swings and roundabouts, but just asking said question implies console and PC gamers have to agree that there's an overall advantage to one or the other and I hate that. I'm a multiplat gamer, and could do into detail about the differences between the platforms and make clear how I feel about them, but why? Nobody would learn anything.

The only thing I'm willing to dedicate myself to is that PC fanboys are the worst, but I still dread the social media garbage we're inevitably due from console fanboys with the next generation over the next few months.

Like I said, there's ups and downs to both consoles an PC's, but what really matters to me as a multiplat gamer is games. So, just play fucking games!

There's nothing wrong with having no preference. You do mention "ups and downs" for each though. What are they for you?

16 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

There's nothing wrong with having no preference. You do mention "ups and downs" for each though. What are they for you?

Well, on PC, better deals on games, better performance (if the hardware is suitable), no pay to play online, more control input options, customised hardware, and better mod support.

On consoles, better exclusive games, easier to use, much lower initial hardware cost, more reliable, a more fair platform for competitive play and more buyer's rights through physical media.

Edited by Shagger

4 hours ago, Shagger said:

Well, on PC, better deals on games, better performance (if the hardware is suitable), no pay to play online, more control input options, customised hardware, and better mod support.

On consoles, better exclusive games, easier to use, much lower initial hardware cost, more reliable, a more fair platform for competitive play and more buyer's rights through physical media.

Sony's sales are actually not too bad. Your still paying to play regardless if you have xbox PlayStation or steam. And the only difference in my opinion between consoles and PC is the lack of customization. With a PC you can swap out all and any hardware that doesn't please you. And the consoles are limited to the hardware that came packaged in the console excluding the only thing on console you can change is the storage.

I just play PC because that's what I'm used to really. And since all my games are for PC and I like controlling it with mouse and keyboard, I don't see the need for a console (I'm shit with a console controller, but I'm sure that's just because I've only tried it a few times. I'm much faster and more precise with a mouse and keyboard). It's also my impression that the choice in games is more limited than for PC. I also have the impression that you need multiple consoles and that you need to buy new ones more often than a gaming PC, to get to play every game you want. Meanwhile most games are released for PC. I also don't have a proper TV and I'd have to rearrange my livingroom in order to sit near it, but surely they can be hooked up to a computer screen. Anyway, these are the reasons I stick with my PC. For now at least. It's my impression that there's advantages and disadvantages to both and that the PC era might be coming to an end, with consoles growing in popularity. There must be a good reason why they're so popular that I just don't know about.

I mostly play on a PC, since I play multiplayer games most often, and since I'm used to playing Quake on a PC, it's easier for me to play shooters on a PC. But when it comes to single-player games like the Witcher, I prefer consoles.

3 hours ago, Executor Akamia said:

I play real-time strategy games pretty much exclusively on PC these days, but other than that particular genre, I don't really have a preference for one platform or the other.

You mean like card games that type? I could never get those games. It's like playing virtual checkers or chess.

On 1/5/2020 at 11:28 PM, SaucyPastaTho said:

I prefer console only because of the controller although I have an NVIDIA GTX 1660 ti gaming x msi. I tried PC gaming a couple of times just to verify if I liked it but I don't. I don't like using mouse and keyboard so I stick with console. 😛  

Well I game mostly on PC these days and I use a controiller most of the time, In fact the only time I tend to use mouse and Keyboard is....

On 1/6/2020 at 7:34 PM, Executor Akamia said:

I play real-time strategy games pretty much exclusively on PC these days, but other than that particular genre, I don't really have a preference for one platform or the other.

...yeah when I'm doing this!  I'm sure he means game like Total War, Command and Conquer, Anno and such.  The interface suits M/K so much better than a controller, I also like M/K for some flying and shooters games but for pretty much everthing else I use a controller.

There are some people that argue that in competitve games like First Person Shooters and Moba's that PC's are better becuase the mouse is more acuurate and with the right hardware you can get better framerates that you can do on consoles.  They might even be right but I've got a beastly PC and 144Hz G-Sync monitor and trust me, I still suck! 🤣