Register Now
StaceyPowers

Console vs PC: which do you usually prefer?

34 minutes ago, SaucyPastaTho said:

I don't remember which games it was.

Well I've used this thing for pretty much every applicable game in my Steam, GOG, Origin, Uplay libraries and more and never had any connection or compatibility issues whatsoever.  I've seen bundles that include the controller from about £15 to £20 in the UK, it works just like as if it's hard wired.

41ac08cunhL._AC_.jpg

Edited by Crazycrab

45 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Well I've used this thing for pretty much every applicable game in my Steam, GOG, Origin, Uplay libraries and more and never had any connection or compatibility issues whatsoever.  I've seen bundles that include the controller from about £15 to £20 in the UK, it works just like as if it's hard wired.

41ac08cunhL._AC_.jpg

If I ever decide to play PC again I'll check that out. The only game I play is PRO.

1 minute ago, SaucyPastaTho said:

If I ever decide to play PC again I'll check that out. The only game I play is PRO.

funny thing, I literally just found you can connect multiple controllers with this thing.  Never tried it before today!

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

PC games tend to save more money to be honest. I think console is too much investment. 

I'm sorry but that is simply not true.  PC's are FAR more expensive than consoles to buy and upgrade and you save next to nothing in the cost of buying games.

New releases are maybe £5 to £10 cheaper but useually not even that.  The deals you get Steam sales or whatever aren't any better than XBox Live or PSN either, not to mention used games and services like XBox Game Pass.  Even if the games were legitimately and consistently cheaper on PC in the current climate of publishers relaying more on recurrent user spending models like DLC and Microtransactions the upfront cost barely matters anyway.

In this day and age the only way that PC gaming is cheaper that consoles is if your pirating.

Edited by Crazycrab

9 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

In this day and age the only way that PC gaming is cheaper that consoles is if your pirating.

Very true, and while I'm a console gamer almost exclusively, you're ignoring the fact that consoles can be pirated and hacked the same as PC's. You can take any recent console and hack the system and install 300+ games on it if you want to, that you never payed for nor will you ever pay for. I usually don't care if it's an old system and the companies have moved on and are no longer making money off of it. But games now in the current systems and the upcoming systems shouldn't be pirated. Whether you're loyal to one platform or another is irrelevant.

Pc gamers, play your hardest.
Console gamers, play your hardest.

Just be fucking honest about it. I hate liars and general dishonesty in all forms. I may be a sociopath, but I won't sugarcoat anything, and I damn sure won't kiss your ass.

11 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I'm sorry but that is simply not true.  PC's are FAR more expensive than consoles to buy and upgrade and you save next to nothing in the cost of buying games.

New releases are maybe £5 to £10 cheaper but useually not even that.  The deals you get Steam sales or whatever aren't any better than XBox Live or PSN either, not to mention used games and services like XBox Game Pass.  Even if the games were legitimately and consistently cheaper on PC in the current climate of publishers relaying more on recurrent user spending models like DLC and Microtransactions the upfront cost barely matters anyway.

Actualy no. PCs are lot cheaper for multiple usage. 

1. Routine work (browsing, email etc)

2. Gaming as primary work

3. Streaming. 

You can't do all of this with the console and it tends to add just dead weight with console. Piracy is hardly an issue these days with the microtransaction sucking the money of people. 

13 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Actualy no. PCs are lot cheaper for multiple usage. 

1. Routine work (browsing, email etc)

2. Gaming as primary work

3. Streaming. 

You can't do all of this with the console and it tends to add just dead weight with console. Piracy is hardly an issue these days with the microtransaction sucking the money of people. 

Well what you are saying is that PC are better since they can be used for many other things other than gaming, but economically a PC is not cheaper, a brand new console at release can cost anywhere between 300 and 500 dollars, but a PC specifically for gaming can cost you anywhere between 500-1000 dollars if its an already prebuild model (I might be wrong on the price here since I dont know shit about gaming PCs but my point stands). True there are many things a console cannot do that a PC can, but that doesnt make a PC cheaper. And besides Micro transactions are optional while the type of expensive PC needed to play AAA games is not.

Around here, good gaming PC's usually run around $1000--$1500. Consoles are a lot cheaper. Also PC's are built and designed to do many different things other than gaming. Whereas consoles, are designed to focus on the game entirely without other distractions. This in my mind makes a console superior to a PC.

Edited by The Blackangel