Register Now
StaceyPowers

Tips for carrying less in Skyrim?

In another thread, I mentioned how overburdened my Skyrim characters tend to be, particularly in the potions department, and @Crazycrab said that he only carries about 5 of each type of potion.

So, this question is directed partly at @Crazycrab , but at anyone who plays Skyrim. Do you have any tips for keeping inventory weight low, especially with regards to the potions?

I know I definitely carry way more potions than I need, but there are fights where I sometimes am downing health potions or magicka potions like crazy. So, the tendency is to stock up constantly on both “just in case.”

How did you figure out how many potions were ideal for you to carry in terms of balancing need for potions with the desire to save space in your inventory?

Also, if you carry only a few health potions, how do you compensate? Perhaps you simply play a lot better than me. But do you use healing spells a whole lot? Run away a whole lot if you then run out of magicka?

@kingpotato @LadyDay

I'm no help with this. I normally carry all the health potions I find. I find that's not what's taking up my inventory space, that's taken up by all the shit I figure I can sell well, keep as trophies or use for smithing. 

The solution is simple, get the Steed stone and carry less xD, sorry I've been playing skyrim for years now and I have never found a way to manage my inventory so I always end up with the same problem as you. Also usually dont carry anything else besides poisons and health potions I really dont care for any other potion.

images.jpg

Edited by kingpotato