Register Now
The Blackangel

Sound stopped

My computer quit putting out sound last night. I have checked everything on the computer from seeing if it's just muted or the volume got turned down low, to the diagnostics. I can't find anything wrong. I can't unplug them because my comp is an all-in-one. My virus scan has turned up nothing. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

I ended up having to get Geek Squad involved. They remotely logged on to my computer and after about 7 hours of work they fixed the issue. It cost me $40, which sucks, but I had to get the thing fixed. I do a lot of things on here that require sound, so I can't have a computer that isn't letting me hear what the hell I'm working on.

8 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I ended up having to get Geek Squad involved. They remotely logged on to my computer and after about 7 hours of work they fixed the issue. It cost me $40, which sucks, but I had to get the thing fixed. I do a lot of things on here that require sound, so I can't have a computer that isn't letting me hear what the hell I'm working on.

Did they mention what started the problem in the first place ?

On 1/6/2020 at 12:02 PM, The Blackangel said:

My computer quit putting out sound last night. I have checked everything on the computer from seeing if it's just muted or the volume got turned down low, to the diagnostics. I can't find anything wrong. I can't unplug them because my comp is an all-in-one. My virus scan has turned up nothing. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Sometimes my computer switches audio have you checked that.

I actully get this problem allot, especilly in Windows 10.  I go through the usual steps of disconecting and/or disabling audio devices, reinstalling audio drivers or re-starting the computer and one or more of them useully fixes it but it is annoying.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:23 PM, The Blackangel said:

When it comes to sounds, 90% of the fixes are specific with the driver. 

11 hours ago, skyfire said:

When it comes to sounds, 90% of the fixes are specific with the driver. 

I figured as much, and would take care of it myself, except I don't know how. If this was Win98, then I could do it easy. But Windows has changed and evolved so drastically since then, that I don't have the slightest clue. Hell I'm having trouble getting this damn thing to run a screensaver. It just doesn't want to do it. How pathetic is that?