Register Now
kingpotato

Alienware’s Concept UFO prototype

I'm in love with the concept for a handheld like this, its basically a switch but with Windows 10. Aside from it having a Intel Core de 10ma generation processor (I dont know much about processors) we dont anything else about this prototype, but its still an awesome concept, imagine if this thing is as powerful as the switch we could exploit all its capabilities. Its not for sale and its probably not going to hit the market, I know that probably some are thinking that having a Switch or a laptop is better (which probably is) but I already like this idea, to have a pc shaped like a switch and to be able to tweak with the software like with a standard PC.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2020/1/6/21048262/alienware-concept-ufo-prototype-gaming-pc-nintendo-switch-ces-2020

images.jpg

It appears Alienware are keeping the specs' close to their chest, but a 1200p screen that size should pretty sharp provided the machine has the guts. However, I don't see this doing well. There's been gaming tablets like the Razer Edge Pro and the failed Steam Machine concept and these PCs imitating consoles never catch on because they're too expensive. And this is Alienware, they make Razer as a  brand look humble.

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think the cost is the reason it is not much common. 

Yep, this kind of prototypes are expected to be sold for over a 1000 dollars, when you can get a brand new switch with plenty of games for half of that price. Still I like the idea of a portable console that can run PC games.

On 2/12/2020 at 6:19 PM, kingpotato said:

Following the same topic, whatever happened to Smach Z ? same premise a portable pc gaming console being crowdfunded back in 2019

SMACH-Z-gameplay-n01.jpg

That's because it's a piece of crap, borderline scam.

More recent videos.

Edited by Crazycrab

On 2/14/2020 at 12:20 AM, kingpotato said:

Yep, this kind of prototypes are expected to be sold for over a 1000 dollars, when you can get a brand new switch with plenty of games for half of that price. Still I like the idea of a portable console that can run PC games.

Yes they can be good for both presentation type device or also for playing MOBA or racing games.