Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games do you play the most when you are feeling down?

I’ve been having a rough few days, and have been more or less clinging to Dragon Age. I think this is a habit I picked up from another friend who also tends to absorb herself in Dragon Age when she’s feeling anxious or having other difficulties. It is a good game for it, since it is easy to immerse oneself in the detailed world of Thedas and its characters.

What about you? When you are feeling down for whatever reason, are there any games in particular that you tend to play a lot?

@The Blackangel @Alyxx @kingpotato @killamch89 @DylanC @LadyDay @Shagger @Crazycrab @skyfire

Gaming isn't something I tend to do when I get like that, or at least I don't deliberately choose to game because I get like that. I'm more likely to don my headphones and listen to some music, maybe even go for a walk as I do. If I want to game, but feel like I can't be dealing with any more stress, I'll replay a game as I find that familiarity more soothing and comforting that playing a game I don't know as well.

Edited by Shagger

It all depends on just how down I’m feeling. I’m on medication for depression and bi-polar, so I have some serious mood swings. I’m also on several antipsychotics. But that aside, when I’m down if I’m playing, then it varies. It’s always something I’ve mastered. Never any game I’m “just ok” at. Nor is it something I suck at. If I get to a suicidal point, then I play nothing and sit in silence doing absolutely nothing.