Register Now
kingpotato

Who will win the next Console War PS5 or Xbox X series ?

Who will win the next Console War PS5 or Xbox X series ?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. PS5 or Xbox X series

• PS5
    • Xbox X Series
    • Stadia xD

2 hours ago, ARx182 said:

PS5 hype has been around for a couple of years now and even higher now that we're edging closer to the E4 event. I have not heard anything about the Xbox X though, perhaps that is because I am not big on gaming, but the PS5 is comfortably winning at the moment, even before release.

I have to ask. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just curious.

If you're not big on gaming, then why are you here?

On 6/10/2020 at 4:32 PM, The Blackangel said:

I have to ask. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just curious.

If you're not big on gaming, then why are you here?

I worded my post wrong. I very much enjoy gaming but I am not big on the technical aspect, such as console specs. I play plenty of games on both PC and PS4, so I'm a pretty avid gamer.

Edited by ARx182

Ok. that post confused the hell out of me.

I'm not much on the technical aspect either. As long as the machine does what it's supposed to do, that's all I care about.

If this was still the Win98 era, I could build a kickass computer. But that era is long gone, and I don't know shit about computers anymore. I'm lucky I can turn the damn thing on.

I've been thinking about the Xbox Series X and have mentioned this somewhere else on the forum as well, but I think Xbox have lost the war before it even began. First impression is everything and my first impression of the Xbox Series X is that it looks like a box. 

I think the main problem the XBox Series X has it that if you already have a decent PC then all the  "exclusive" titles will also be available on Windows 10 thanks to their "play anywhere" programme.  Even if you don't have a powerful enough PC then their streaming service is an option to, not to mention XBox Game Pass.  Don't get me wrong these are good and actually more consumer friendly services than Sony or Nintendo are doing but it's still going to leave a bunch of end users looking at the series X scratching their head wondering "Why should I buy this?".

Edited by Crazycrab

On 6/23/2020 at 1:31 PM, Crazycrab said:

I think the main problem the XBox Series X has it that if you already have a decent PC then all the  "exclusive" titles will also be available on Windows 10 thanks to their "play anywhere" programme.  Even if you don't have a powerful enough PC then their streaming service is an option to, not to mention XBox Game Pass.  Don't get me wrong these are good and actually more consumer friendly services than Sony or Nintendo are doing but it's still going to leave a bunch of end users looking at the series X scratching their head wondering "Why should I buy this?".

I disagree. A PC which is as powerful as the Xbox Series X will cost you way more than the Xbox Series X - we're talking atleast a thousand £ or $. The Xbox Series X is a much cheaper and viable option for someone looking to buy a console.

22 minutes ago, ARx182 said:
On 6/23/2020 at 1:31 PM, Crazycrab said:

I disagree. A PC which is as powerful as the Xbox Series X will cost you way more than the Xbox Series X - we're talking atleast a thousand £ or $. The Xbox Series X is a much cheaper and viable option for someone looking to buy a console.

You've completely missed my point here.  It's more finacilly viablee to wait a little and buy but an XBox Series X or a PS5 then build a PC right now, I've said so myself.  My point if you already have hardware capable of playing and/or streaming these “exclusive” games then you don’t need the new XBox.

Take me for example, I already have a PC that is a rough match for Next Gen (so I KNOW how expensive they are, lol) so I don’t need the new XBox.  I am considering the PS5 because the exclusives on that platform actually are… exclusive.  Like I said before, I applaud Microsoft for this approach with Play Anywhere and Game Pass because it is more consumer friendly than what Sony (and Nintendo) do, but they are to some degree shooting themselves in the foot with it.

I will take this opertunity to re-itterate my point that if you are considering building or buying a PC right now, wait till next year.  PC components always get a step up after new consoles release.

Ah, my bad. I completely missed the ‘if you already have a PC’ part. You’re right, if you already have a PC, it really isn’t worth getting the Xbox Series X. It’s almost as if Microsoft have set up the Xbox Series X to be the inferior console in the next console war. 

9 hours ago, ARx182 said:

Ah, my bad. I completely missed the ‘if you already have a PC’ part. You’re right, if you already have a PC, it really isn’t worth getting the Xbox Series X. It’s almost as if Microsoft have set up the Xbox Series X to be the inferior console in the next console war. 

I never understand why they release a console when they have the PC market.

Anyways, Nintendo has a big lead with the Switch, but I feel the PS5 will catch up and surpass all.

The PS5 is a serious threat to both Xbox and Nintendo. I think Xbox is going to crash hard with this one, and then scramble to pull a phoenix move, and rise from the ashes. Nintendo on the other hand, will put up a good fight, but since there is no word on them releasing anything this next gen, I don't know what they're going to do. The Switch is the most powerful portable console ever released to date, so they may be moving into a portable market and leaving the home console market to PlayStation and Xbox. Granted with the dock, you can still play Switch as a home console, but to my knowledge, not many do.