Register Now
DylanC

REAL FARM on PS4 only 24p! (Digital)

I don't get these games. After at hard day at my ACTUAL job, I totally would willingly sit down and pretend to be doing another more tedious profession that has a famously high suicide rate, you know, for fun. So even at 24p, I wouldn't. It's like offering your own firing squad a tip.

Edited by Shagger

On 1/22/2020 at 5:59 PM, Shagger said:

I don't get these games. After at hard day at my ACTUAL job, I totally would willingly sit down and pretend to be doing another more tedious profession that has a famously high suicide rate, you know, for fun. So even at 24p, I wouldn't. It's like offering your own firing squad a tip.

I know what you mean. They seem to be pretty popular, though. Some farming sims are fun, like Stardew Valley, for example. But, yeah, it’s weird how some games actually feel like real work... and folks seem to really love ‘em.

Someone mentioned this on a Discord server that I am active on. It was surprising to hear that a game was so cheap especially on the PlayStation Store where most games are overpriced compared to retail and other online stores. Has the offer ended by the way? It's showing up as £1.99 for me.

3 hours ago, Darth said:

Someone mentioned this on a Discord server that I am active on. It was surprising to hear that a game was so cheap especially on the PlayStation Store where most games are overpriced compared to retail and other online stores. Has the offer ended by the way? It's showing up as £1.99 for me.

An additional PS+ discount is what brings the price down as far as I'm aware. I'm not sure if it's still active.

I guess different strokes for different folks. I didn't know about the suicide rates, but it is not hard to make sense of it. I would imagine that to think a game, even one aiming for realism , cannot compare to the real stress of having your and livelihood and family well being depend on how well or bad it goes with some many elements out of your control you have to be prepared to mitigate as best as you can. In that sense, I guess it won't be that big of a deterrent for some.

As for the appeal, well some people that have heard about farming but never had any experience with it might be curious and really want to experiment and live a fantasy of starting witha farm and learning some of the things that would involve the daily and seasonal routines.

For other people might be that they actually grew up near a farm and games like this brings them some nostalgia. 

Then some people might really like to feel accomplished and independent and this game might appeal to them because it helps them feel like they are doing that.