Register Now
Darth

DualShock 5

What are you guys expecting to hear about the DualShock 5? Do you think Sony will have added some cool new features for the new controller? Or do you think it will be very similar to the DualShock 4 with some minor battery improvements? Personally, I think they will have some back buttons included but that is just my prediction 😄

On 6/16/2020 at 9:49 PM, The Blackangel said:

As long as it's as comfortable as the Dualshock 4, I don't care.

Seems like only the aesthetics/design have changed, not the controller itself. Comfort wise, the Dualshock 4 is perfect though, I agree.

Comparing to the DS4, the top is rounded rather than straight and that may make the triggers and shoulder buttons easier to use. The side grips also look a little narrower, but a little longer and that may make it easier for smaller hands to grip and for larger hands to find a comfortable grip point. There're just two things I hate the DS4. One, the USB micro connection, now it's a USB-C on the DS5, good. Second is the contours on the face of the controller between the "Share" button to the D-Pad and the "options" button to the face buttons, they make the "Share" and "Options" buttons hard to press and I'm glad to see what looks like a flat face this time. I agree with @The Blackangeland @ARx182 that there was certainly little wrong with the DS4, but there's always room for improvement and I think these subtle changes as well as the expected new tech in the controller will make this even better.

Edited by Shagger

18 hours ago, Shagger said:

Comparing to the DS4, the top is rounded rather than straight and that may make the triggers and shoulder buttons easier to use. The side grips also look a little narrower, but a little longer and that may make it easier for smaller hands to grip and for larger hands to find a comfortable grip point. There're just two things I hate the DS4. One, the USB micro connection, now it's a USB-C on the DS5, good. Second is the contours on the face of the controller between the "Share" button to the D-Pad and the "options" button to the face buttons, they make the "Share" and "Options" buttons hard to press and I'm glad to see what looks like a flat face this time. I agree with @The Blackangeland @ARx182 that there was certainly little wrong with the DS4, but there's always room for improvement and I think these subtle changes as well as the expected new tech in the controller will make this even better.

Wow, you certainly have an eye for detail. They look the same to an average gamer like me, but now that you zoom in on the details, I see how the DS5 is an improvement on the DS4.

4 hours ago, ARx182 said:

Wow, you certainly have an eye for detail. They look the same to an average gamer like me, but now that you zoom in on the details, I see how the DS5 is an improvement on the DS4.

That's @Shagger for you. His eye catches things that no one else's does. Sometimes I think that, in actuality he doesn't have eyes, but microscopes inserted into his head.