Register Now
Darth

Streaming Games

Sony seems to have upped their promotion of PS Now on the PlayStation 4 itself and on other platforms (TV etc.). Do you think the PlayStation 5 will have a bigger focus on streaming games? Or do you think this is just some normal promotion to try and get more customers for the service? 

I think as time goes by they're all going to do what they can to phase out all physical games and everything will digital downloads. PlayStation, Nintendo, Xbox, and any other competitors that enter the mix whether they make it or not. But after seeing the train wreck that is Google Stadia, I highly doubt we'll see many new challengers to the Big 3.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 1/27/2020 at 7:06 PM, The Blackangel said:

I think as time goes by they're all going to do what they can to phase out all physical games and everything will digital downloads. PlayStation, Nintendo, Xbox, and any other competitors that enter the mix whether they make it or not. But after seeing the train wreck that is Google Stadia, I highly doubt we'll see many new challengers to the Big 3.

Agreed. Digital versions of games are going to become the norm so I think Sony is just jumping on that train as fast as they can.

On 8/11/2020 at 8:53 AM, LEADTECH said:

Streaming is the most active right now in terms of gaming.but this Digital games is good only if you had a internet faster than lightning.

I still prefer the Disc type of PS Console.

I'm an old school as well when it comes to my preference of gaming. Yeah, streaming is getting popular by the day but I'm still attached to the disc play. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Every new Gen console will always attract the attention because it is believed to have exceptional features into it, and that's no secrete to PS5 console, it will be popular for streaming indeed. 

Yeah - the reason why it's a new gen console is that it comes with features that the old gen console can't dream of having. 

9 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Only time will tell, if everything goes digital via video games, if it will be streamed with subscription charges, which will halt downloads. 

Video games have been around for decades and it's not scrapped playing with CDs. In fact, I'm not sure they would ever strike it out. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Everything can't go digital in life. The CD plates have been around for years now, I don't think it will be delisted and promoting just the soft copy download. 

Yeah - they would have eliminated the usage of CDs in games if they had the plans by now. Just like they have done it with some gadgets that makes use of CDs. 

On 10/14/2021 at 9:47 AM, Heatman said:

Video games have been around for decades and it's not scrapped playing with CDs. In fact, I'm not sure they would ever strike it out. 

Not at all too here, I don't think so, if CDs will be scrapped because many still cherish it than downloading online.