Register Now
StaceyPowers

What would it take to get you to play an online game?

I know that a few of us on here aren’t into online games for one reason or another. In my case, I mostly just prefer solitude while I am gaming since it is how I de-stress and relax.

I used to game online a lot though when I was younger. I think to get back into online gaming, I’d need one of two things. Either I’d need to stumble into a game with a really compelling, fleshed-out world and a tight-knit RP-based community, or I’d need to have a friend playing consistently with me in a game that might otherwise not be as social, but at least would be fun to explore.

Like I am interested in Elder Scrolls Online mostly just so I can explore more of Tamriel, but doing it by myself while putting up with PK from others just sounds boring/annoying. Of course, everyone I know who plays ESO is on the wrong system and can’t cross-play with me.

If you also don’t play games online right now, what situation would potentially get you to change your mind?

Read Dead Redemption 2 convinced me of getting a whole year of PS Plus to play RDR online (also the 29.99 promotion xD) and actually when it comes to the online story missions RDR online still feels like a single player experience even though there are other players assisting you, the only instances where its not fun is when the other players are so good that they finish the mission right away before you can even do anything.

If I had some friends into it - then I might get into it.  I  mean, the whole scene is new to me - so to see some buddies do things, would get me initiated I think.   Anyway, though, I simply have little time for gaming, in general, much less online gaming!   

O.K., I think racing would be an awesome niche for online gaming.  Who has tried that?  What did you play - and how did you do?

Edited by Jayson

On 2/17/2020 at 3:22 PM, Jayson said:

If I had some friends into it - then I might get into it.  I  mean, the whole scene is new to me - so to see some buddies do things, would get me initiated I think.   Anyway, though, I simply have little time for gaming, in general, much less online gaming!   

O.K., I think racing would be an awesome niche for online gaming.  Who has tried that?  What did you play - and how did you do?

Rocket league and few other games fall into that. I think those are some good racing games out there.