Register Now
StaceyPowers

What game has been sitting completely unplayed in your library the longest?

I get antsy to play everything in my rather small video game collection, and honestly get annoyed if I have to wait several months to get around to something. So by this point, I have played almost everything in my collection except for one game which I bought the other month.

For those of you who have dozens of games in your collection, many of which are still untouched, which have you had the longest? How long have you had it? Months? Years? How long do you expect to go before you eventually get around to playing it? Do you still feel anxious about when you’ll manage to finally get around to it, or do you generally forget you even have it?

Where do I begin? I have hundreds of games that span about 11 systems, and there are a lot that I've never gotten around to playing that I've had for years. The biggest reason is because I buy bundles so often, and keep a few games out of it that look good, and resell the rest. Seeing as how I have so many games, I get severe anxiety when I try to start any game I have never played before. I don't know why. For example, I've only played a handful of my PS3 games, and I have 50 titles on PS3. I can probably count the amount of games on there that I've played on one hand. So if it wasn't for the anxiety I would have played several hundred games over the last year.

15 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

What has kept you from progressing (aside from it being a punishing game)?

Well initially I had problem running the game on my xbox, it asked for some type of update, but whenever I tried to update the console it failed, it fixed itself eventually. But other than that yeah its really really hard, this game showed me that I'm not as good as I though I was.

On 2/7/2020 at 6:43 AM, kingpotato said:

Well initially I had problem running the game on my xbox, it asked for some type of update, but whenever I tried to update the console it failed, it fixed itself eventually. But other than that yeah its really really hard, this game showed me that I'm not as good as I though I was.

Getting a game and finding it can't run would be incredibly frustrating. Almost as frustrating as trying to beat Dark Souls 2.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

If I were to be honest, I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure it's the Mad Max game that came out in 2014. I have had that game since a couple days after release and I keep saying I'm going to play and yet I never ever get around to it.

Mad Max came out in 2015, and it's a pretty good game, you are missing out.

For me these have been sitting in my library unplayed for the longest time:

• 21 Jun, 2012 Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC (just the DLC not the whole game)
  • 27 Dec, 2012 Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold base + 2 DLC

• 29 Dec, 2012 Assassin's Creed

• 29 Dec, 2012 Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition

• 31 Dec, 2012 Far Cry 2 (full disclosure I've tried to play this but couldn't get it to not crash during the intro cinematic)

• 22 Jul, 2013 Tomb Raider Collection (All Tomb Raider games up to Underworld - bought more out of nostalgia than any real intention of playing all of them)

• 4 Sep, 2014 Rage

• 29 Jun, 2015 Gone Home

• 24 Dec, 2015 Call of Duty: Black Ops III

• 21 Jul, 2017 Life is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)

• 21 Jul, 2017 Alien Breed Complete Pack

• 21 Jul, 2017 American Truck Simulator

• 11 Mar, 2018 Amnesia Collection

• Jul 5, 2018, Frontlines: Fuel of War

• Jul 5, 2018, Full Spectrum Warrior

• Jul 5, 2018, Darksiders

• Jul 5, 2018, Darksiders 2

• Jul 5, 2018, Titan Quest Anniversary Edition

That's about all of the games I never got around to playing. And most of these will probably remain in my backlog indefinitely.

Edited by m76

Big damn list on my end, So big that you thiknk about how much money worth of games that I wouldn't brought in the fast palce. Then again 30% of games that I get for free. All epic games that I get for free I do not play or in my case install them. Two free games that I have played that it was free. Farming sim 19 and battlefront 2.

wrwrwrwrw.JPG.bec7887b18da2fa3ca90efb28fa906de.JPG