Register Now
The Blackangel

The Deadliest Game?

I was sitting here watching YouTube videos and got to thinking. We've all hard the urban legends about video games. Things like Ben Drowned, Polybius, Lavender Town, etc. But it got me curious to danger in games. I'm not looking for things like gaming for 51 hours straight. I'm looking for games that are actually dangerous to even play. Not games that affect a medical disorder like flashing lights and colors then having an epileptic seizure. Games that are just downright dangerous to even load. This may be an unanswerable question, or there might be some that are hazardous. I personally can't think of any off the top of my head, but thought that maybe someone else knows of something that could be what I'm looking for. I've heard that one of the games I play (Taboo The Sixth Sense) is supposed to be dangerous, but I've had no negative repercussions from playing it.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 9/5/2020 at 9:11 AM, KuroInDistress said:

Not sure about just loading the game being dangerous. But I do know that back in it's prime, World of warcraft had a huge impact on people who were addicted to it. Deaths, Divorces and unhealthy lifestyles were all attributed to that game at one point.

Seriously, it's very challenging for most people who were addicted to playing the game back then. A friend of mine lost his job as a result of his addiction to playing World of Warcraft Shadowlands. 

On 9/24/2021 at 12:12 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's very challenging for most people who were addicted to playing the game back then. A friend of mine lost his job as a result of his addiction to playing World of Warcraft Shadowlands. 

It's a pity that he didn't control his addition when it comes to displaying his child friendly nature for gaming. It's best when you go to the workplace you behave professional. 

Don't really now other then Aliens: Colonial Marines. Anything redeeming about it was overshadowed by all of the lost potential and clunky game making throughout. It was also a great example of a common & lame reality in gaming: producers can advertise a game to be made by a critically-acclaimed developer, but when really, really it was outsourced to an entire other team.

3 hours ago, Empire said:

Don't really now other then Aliens: Colonial Marines. Anything redeeming about it was overshadowed by all of the lost potential and clunky game making throughout. It was also a great example of a common & lame reality in gaming: producers can advertise a game to be made by a critically-acclaimed developer, but when really, really it was outsourced to an entire other team.

Your options are colossal indeed when it comes to video games looking deadly and scary. 

I never really played the options you listed but I see Aliens being deadline due to how the name implies, Lol. 

On 9/30/2021 at 1:25 AM, Justin11 said:

It's a pity that he didn't control his addition when it comes to displaying his child friendly nature for gaming. It's best when you go to the workplace you behave professional. 

Yeah - it was really a thing of shame because he lost his job over something that's so useless like over a game. 

On 9/30/2021 at 2:25 AM, killamch89 said:

Dark Souls has to be a contender for this because of how much danger you face in-game especially if you make any mistakes at all. You can't even underestimate the "fodder" characters because they'll destroy you just as easy as the bosses.

Seriously - there is nothing like having it easy at the beginning of Dark Souls. They are all out to smoke you immediately off the blocks. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it was really a thing of shame because he lost his job over something that's so useless like over a game. 

That's very bad, he didn't know he's an adult and not a child. He ought to have respected the principles of the company and staying off gaming when his presence is needed.