Register Now
StaceyPowers

What time of day in open world games do you prefer to travel on foot?

When you are playing open world games and are crossing the map on foot or horseback (not fast travelling), do you have a preferred time of day in-game to do it?

I like all the details I can pick up in the daytime, but sometimes it is too bright for me (I have migraines), so night is better. But I miss so many details at night. So, usually I try to start a journey on foot right before sunrise or right before sunset. That way the light is beautiful and atmospheric and also not too bright or dim.

What about you? What time of day (in game) do you prefer to travel in open world games?

Most of the time I don't really care.  There are times when I will wait for a certain time of day to do somthing for sake of thematics in accordance of somthing that is going on in the story.  For example when playing Skyrim I always like to enter Solitude for the first time in the morning becuase that's when you would expect an execution to take place.

Of course there are some games where time of day actully has an effect on the gameplay.  Like Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Dying Light or Final Fantasy XV.