Register Now
The Blackangel

Anyone know anything about this game?

I came across a game the other day that I didn't know I had. I just put it in a jewel case and set it aside because at the time I wasn't too interested in it. I checked out some screenshots just now and it looks like a kiddie game. It's Animorphs Shattered Reality. I didn't notice the "Animorphs" part when I picked it up. I don't know if it works or not. I know nothing about the game. I don't know if it's part of a franchise, or if it's just a one shot.

Thoughts?

As far as I can tell, it's a licence based on a live action adaptation of a book series from the 90's of the same name, Animorphs: Shattered Reality. I have never hard of the book series or the show, so I can't comment, but when something isn't remembered from the same era targeting a similar demographic as Power Rangers or Goosebumps that's got to be a bad sign. @kingpotatoThis is what is referred to as a 2 1/2D platformer. Mostly 2D, but with a third dimension being explored in some aspects of the gameplay. Crash Bandicoot works in the same genre.

This is a let's play I found being played by someone who is familiar with the source material, so it's a good insight into what the game is about. As aforementioned, it' a 2 1/2D platformer with some bizarrely brief combat sections where you morph in an animal (That's something from the lore I assume). It looks clunky and difficult to control, it's not a particularly good-looking game with odd on odd mix of at styles and low res' graphics even by PS1 standards, although it looks challenging and there's a varied offering of platforming obstacles. Overall, I doubt it's worth playing, but @The Blackangel, I'll let you judge for yourself.

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

Is it on steam?

I don't know if it's available on Steam or not. I just came across the PS1 disc here at home and didn't think too much about it. Like I said, at first I didn't see the "Animorphs" part of the title. I thought the game was just called Shattered Reality.

@Shagger Thanks for the video. It looks way too clunky and more frustrating than I have the patience for.

On 4/22/2020 at 6:53 AM, Shagger said:

As far as I can tell, it's a licence based on a live action adaptation of a book series from the 90's of the same name, Animorphs: Shattered Reality. I have never hard of the book series or the show

lol I remember animorphs! Sorta more like I remember the name but I don’t remember anything about the books so I guess u r rite it couldn’t have been great hahah