Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did a Game Ever Change Your Life?

Have you ever played a game that changed your life in a dramatic fashion, whether directly or indirectly?

I can say that a couple of video games changed my life permanently. The first was Myst, which changed how I looked at the world and what might be possible. It also steered me toward becoming a writer.

The second was an MMO I used to play. None of the friendships I made there lasted, but I took so many lasting life lessons away from the experience which have impacted everything from how I build personal relationships to how I conduct my business with respect to customer service. Playing that game was one of the defining events in my life, however silly that sounds.

What about you? Has a video game changed your life?

The Walking Dead Complete Series. It helped me see how humanity can devolve at the flip of a dime. The ones you trust can change. And I pay attention to a person's character that may be a threat in an apocalypse or a very poor decision maker that can endanger lives of others. And I know people like that. Scary. I don't have a bug out bag yet, but may need one soon in the good ol USA. 

I can't say gaming has changed my life dramatically, but I will always be able to appreciate the Summer memories of playing with friends and staying up all night. Gaming, something some of our parents didn't have, are forever embodied in us to reminisce forever. So, the biggest impact gaming has had on me are all the memories. I'm believe that experiences and memories are what make me happy.

On 2/16/2020 at 7:22 PM, skyfire said:

Does it make small hours of happiness in index? If yes then yes it does helped keep my head calm. 

Seriously - this was the only thing I could ever think of that playing video games have impacted in my life so far. Games doesn't have anything to do with influencing my character but only my mood. 

Not directly, but playing videos games can make you learn new skills in away or make you even worse. GTA RP back in GTA 4 days was the game that got me into social gaming or at least meet new people and made good mates online 😉 Also Ages of Empires. Strategy games I think really helped me develops strategic thinking in other areas of life when I got older. I played hundreds of hours in 5-8th grade.

13 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I enjoy the feelings of playing video games, it helps he to stay off from toxic discussions especially when I'm bored needing some sort of entertainment to keep going. 

You raised a very strong point here. When you don't want to indulge in some toxic discussion in any platform , let it be Facebook, YouTube or even forums. It's better to switch to games. Enjoy playing there and ignoring such dirty stuffs. 

On 9/24/2021 at 1:19 PM, Empire said:

Not directly, but playing videos games can make you learn new skills in away or make you even worse. GTA RP back in GTA 4 days was the game that got me into social gaming or at least meet new people and made good mates online 😉 Also Ages of Empires. Strategy games I think really helped me develops strategic thinking in other areas of life when I got older. I played hundreds of hours in 5-8th grade.

Seriously - it can be attributed to making one's brain think faster especially when faced with a serious challenge that needs immediate sorting out. 

On 9/29/2021 at 1:10 PM, Justin11 said:

Games have been integral part of me since covid19 outbreak, it made me enjoy indoor life. I don't think it would've been perfect without gaming. So indirectly it has impacted my life good and kept me safe. 

Yeah - most people were dead affected by the pandemic of coronavirus and games played a huge part in keeping people from being depressed at home. 

3 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - most people were dead affected by the pandemic of coronavirus and games played a huge part in keeping people from being depressed at home. 

You're simply there, I wonder what I could've done to make myself happy especially during the first phase of covid19 that we experienced total lockdown, thinking it's the end of the world, lol. Gaming played a huge part keeping me going and happy.