Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Real Man definition

How does your definition of a "real man" differ from the mainstream stereotype of a "real man"?

I think that a real man can be both sensitive and firm. I understand that there are certain things that men are supposed to be firm in, but that shouldn't deny the fact that men are also just as human, as women are, and men do need affirmative feelings from people they care about.

It involves living up to responsibilities - no matter what!    Anyhow, contrary to misogynist etc. thought - lol - it's not wife beating, being a Playboy etc..

Anyhow, though, a real man isn't pushed around by a woman - true.  However, though, it can be quite egalitarian - more than one thinks!

First off, a "real man" has to exist. Males are all horny 17 year old boys. 

But if there was a "real man" he wouldn't be afraid of his emotions. He wouldn't be afraid to cry. he would be strong when needed and sensitive when needed. He would be the type to take care of his family, and be responsible for his actions. He would be honest. He would be trustworthy. And above all he would be authentic to himself.

But since no man like that exists, we're all stuck with nothing but horny 17 year old boys.

On 2/19/2020 at 10:30 AM, The Blackangel said:

First off, a "real man" has to exist. Males are all horny 17 year old boys. 

But if there was a "real man" he wouldn't be afraid of his emotions. He wouldn't be afraid to cry. he would be strong when needed and sensitive when needed. He would be the type to take care of his family, and be responsible for his actions. He would be honest. He would be trustworthy. And above all he would be authentic to himself.

But since no man like that exists, we're all stuck with nothing but horny 17 year old boys.

Being on-time, clean, and keeping your word - is about all there is to being a man.  

Edited by Jayson

A real man has the ability to admit faults and tries to fix them. A real man does not have homophobia. A real man does not think anyone or anything is below him. A real man will always stand up for and protect those that are weaker or oppressed. No matter what. A real man does not brag, show off, or underestimate anyone. A real man never asks anyone to do anything he can do himself. 

There is no such thing as "real man". All you have to be is a decent human being. If you believe in true equality then you should apply the same standards to all people.

On 9/20/2020 at 8:58 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

A real man has the ability to admit faults and tries to fix them.

Everyone would do well to improve their own faults.

A real man does not have homophobia.

That seems strangely specific. And has little to do with manhood.

A real man does not think anyone or anything is below him.

Then I'm not real because I certainly think that hypocrites, pathological liars, and pseudo intellectuals are bellow me.

A real man will always stand up for and protect those that are weaker or oppressed. No matter what.

What if someone doesn't want you to stand up for them? On what basis do you judge others to be "weaker" or "oppressed"? It seems to me that people themselves perpetrate oppression when they deem certain groups oppressed.

A real man does not brag, show off,

Everyone likes to show off, you are showing off your notion of being a real man right now.

or underestimate anyone.

Isn't labelling someone weaker or oppressed underestimating them?

A real man never asks anyone to do anything he can do himself. 

Society is based on Co-operation. There is nothing wrong with asking for help.