Register Now
Jayson

Gaming on Airplanes

On 2/20/2021 at 4:23 PM, Kane99 said:

I would totally play games on an airplane. I think more airports will start to implement those options. Imagine playing VR in an airplane, would really heighten the experience I think. 

Imagine if you were playing some VR simulator that simulated you running to your boarding gate and boarding the plane but in real life you're still in the airport and missed your flight, I wonder how you'd feel about a situation like that?

On 2/23/2021 at 7:42 AM, skyfire said:

I think non network based games are plenty and so those can be played on airplane. I have seen a lot of folks playing such games. Like say chess and Ludo being easy to play with AI. 

That's the problem though, most people don't want to play against the AI. Besides, most planes have WI-FI onboard that you can use during your flight so you can play online.

I think it’s hard to play any multiplayer ones, mostly just have to play single player games on handheld devices. 

Kinda wish the WiFi supported higher speeds to be able to then do online gaming at any form.

On 3/2/2021 at 11:04 PM, Syntax said:

I think it’s hard to play any multiplayer ones, mostly just have to play single player games on handheld devices. 

Kinda wish the WiFi supported higher speeds to be able to then do online gaming at any form.

I've travelled on Ethiad Airways to Dubai and the WI-fi was amazing. I could competently game on my IPad throughout the whole trip. I never tried my gaming laptop but my guess is that it'd play most MMOs pretty smoothly.

On 2/19/2020 at 6:33 AM, skyfire said:

I pretty much sure that online gaming is banned or not allowed in some airplanes. In fact they ask us to shut down the phone or tablets during takeoff and landing often. 

Exactly, it was what I realized on my first flight. When I heard the notification to switch off our phones, it shocked me. So, there is no gaming for you after that. 

On 2/21/2021 at 12:50 AM, killamch89 said:

I've hardly ever gamed on flights even when I had a PSP or GBA as a teen. I normally look out the window because I like the view above the clouds or listen to some music. I'm also looking out for snakes on a plane...

What? Snakes on plane? 😆 That sounds funny.

Anyways, I too never play games while on flight. I too lookout for window seats, and spend most my time either looking at the amazing horizon, or sleeping the whole way. 😆

11 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

What? Snakes on plane? 😆 That sounds funny.

Anyways, I too never play games while on flight. I too lookout for window seats, and spend most my time either looking at the amazing horizon, or sleeping the whole way. 😆

You can only play offline games using your phone while in the aeroplane ✈ because their isn't mobile network to connect online games. 

On 8/7/2021 at 3:45 AM, Heatman said:

You can only play offline games using your phone while in the aeroplane ✈ because their isn't mobile network to connect online games. 

Oh you mean the snake game . Lol 😁

Yeah, I do play offline games. Mostly I travel with Vistara, and they provide onboard internet, but you can't browse anything except their own website. Yeah, you can watch some TV shows and movies, and listen to some music too. 😊

3 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Oh you mean the snake game . Lol 😁

Yeah, I do play offline games. Mostly I travel with Vistara, and they provide onboard internet, but you can't browse anything except their own website. Yeah, you can watch some TV shows and movies, and listen to some music too. 😊

Yeah, it's the only kind of games that you can be able to play in such situations, otherwise you are left with nothing.