Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Relaxing Situations

What's the most relaxing situation you could imagine?

I think that a relaxing situation would be where no one assumes something is up, when I am being quiet, trying to relax. Even when I am vacationing, I have people think something is wrong when I am relaxing. When no one is bugging me when I am relaxing, that is generally when I am in the most relaxing situation I can think of.

The most relaxing thing for me is watching a heavy downpour of rain. I'm talking heavy flash flood rain. I like to go into my garage where there's no interference from TV, computer, phone, or anything else. Take myself something to drink, maybe something to munch on, and just watch the water fall. I don't like sunny days. I like overcast days, and even better when it rains. If Missouri wasn't my home, I would move to Seattle. Where it's my understanding, that it rains almost all the time.

The most relaxing situation that I could imagine, is a flat sky-blue sea and sky, and a warm sun glaring down on me while fishing. No wind.  No one else around besides me and nature.  I could spend hours and it would definitely feel like minutes. 

8 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

Being in nature, surrounded by my fur-kids. No technology. Just the sound of the birds & creatures. People tend to think of those who relax as being lazy. It's not. It's called Self-Care, which is vital for keeping us healthy. 

I agree - I love going for nature walks with my dogs. It's very good for mind, soul and body - in addition to that, my dogs love it as well. There's a big rock in the woods near where I live and I do go there to meditate at least twice a week.

Just sitting on a comfy chair/couch. Drinking a nice hot/cold beverage on a late night, chilling with people in discord and gaming and whatnot. Hits me in my feels.

Each one of us do different things at least lol

On 8/27/2020 at 1:03 PM, Alexander. said:

The most relaxing situation that I could imagine, is a flat sky-blue sea and sky, and a warm sun glaring down on me while fishing. No wind.  No one else around besides me and nature.  I could spend hours and it would definitely feel like minutes. 

I always love just looking out at sea - the view tends to calm my mind and also makes me remember that there are lots of things out there in the world I've yet to experience.