Register Now
The Blackangel

Musicians you absolutely HATE

3 hours ago, Empire said:

Maroon 5 or specifically Adam Levine. I dislike him because he's known more as a hot guy instead of the frontman of a pop band.

Sounds just like the frontman of a pop band to me! 🤣

On to the topic at hand.  I think that "hate" is a very strong word that's thrown around to much especially when it comes to music.  I might not like the music of certain artists but if others are I'm happy just to leave it be.  "Live and let live" so to speak.  So for me to toss around the word "hate", I need something more.  So although there a ton of popular artists whose music I dislike I won't include any of them for that reason alone.

Westlife:  I can usually look past boy bands including manufactured ones like this but this a group that sailed through their entire careers with zero artistic merit.  Just one half-assed cover after another, they are the literal definition of creative bankruptcy and false success via corporate manipulation.

Gary Glitter: This man was once one of the most popular entertainers in world, now he is just about the farthest thing from that.  I'm sure most of you will know why but if you don't I wouldn't even bother to look it up.  He's best left forgotten.

T-Pain:  I'm using this as an example of something that is wider problem in the music industry itself, because he is the self proclaimed figure head of it.  That being overuse of pitch correction.

Now I am want to start this with a little confession.  I was in that camp that was dismissive of "auto-tune". I wasn't even aware at the time that auto-tune was a piece of pitch correction software, not method itself.  Since then I've educated myself a bit about what pitch correction actually is, what it's there for and how it's normally used.  I'd recommend this video from Johnathan Young if you want to know more.

Artists like T-Pain still really irritate me.  I know and more importantly he knows that it's just a gimmick but it has led to this idea that this is just how you edit music and it grates my ears.  Both in terms of annoyance and how needlessly stupid it sounds.

DaBaby:  He's a homophobic twat.

Cliff Richard:  He was cool at one point but since he slipped into this blatant Christian zone from the late 80's and he's facepalm cringing ever since.  I've no real issue Christian artists or even Christian music.  Alice Cooper (aka Vincent Damon Furnier) is a devout Christian but unlike Cliff Richard he doesn't bleed in to the ark of the covenant and spill it all over his work!

He legitimately comes across as one of those creepy televangelists and this all cumulated in 1999 when he released "Millennium Prayer".  A "Song" which was literally just him singing the words of the lord's Prayer with an unaltered backing track Auld Lang Syne.  It is just awful!

Milli Vanilli:  Taking two royalty free sources and slapping them together unaltered is disgusting and about and creativity bankrupt as an artist can get...  But at least it's not legitimate fraud!  Tying in with the pitch correction comments I made I don't really believe, even among artists I don't like that any talents hack could walk into a studio and make a legitimate hit.  You have to be able to hold a tune for anyone to work with you, but apparently this wasn't always the case.  In the late 80's Milli Vanilli were on top of the world untill they caught red handed during a live show of using backing tracks that were recorded by somebody else!  What a world that must have been.  These days with everyone in the audience is holding a camera and artists relaying more than ever of the income from live tours rather than recorded music I don't see this happening ever again.  So for being legitimate frauds they certainly deserve an inclusion.

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I wasn't liking Rick Ross earlier before due to his stature, but not now anymore, he has rebuild his physique which has helped him reduce excessive fats, now he's looking quite cool. 

Call me old fationed, but I thought the thing that mattered when it comes to music is, well, the music. Why can only talk about this guy and only bring up his "Stature" (whatever that means) and physique?

7 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Call me old fationed, but I thought the thing that mattered when it comes to music is, well, the music. Why can only talk about this guy and only bring up his "Stature" (whatever that means) and physique?

xD, as a musician, your appearance matters to people, this guy's appearance was fucking irritating in the past, due to how robust he was in his nature. Made me not to watch his song videos, but he's a good rapper no matter how I sound to him. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

But Kanye west is the richest musician at the moment with 2$ billion net worth. Such kind of hate doesn't add anything, he's super successful, their is no need hating him anymore. 

Even though he whines about not getting the money from Mark Zuckerberg?

24 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I don't understand, does it mean that Mark Zuckerberg is behind Kanye west wealth? 

No but he was claiming that he was bankrupt and that Mark Zuckerberg was supposed to give him $50,000,000 to get out of dept. The money never came.

7 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

No but he was claiming that he was bankrupt and that Mark Zuckerberg was supposed to give him $50,000,000 to get out of dept. The money never came.

Hmm, I believe that's for the fun sake. Even if he got the money in the region of $50m, it isn't the money that got him up to $2 billion. 

On 6/29/2022 at 9:42 PM, Rainbow Road said:

Kanye West.

Controversial artist (and human being for that matter) but I respect that. Good selection, even though I personally think he is a lyrical genius and true artist.

On 7/1/2022 at 12:30 PM, Justin11 said:

Hmm, I believe that's for the fun sake. Even if he got the money in the region of $50m, it isn't the money that got him up to $2 billion. 

I actually had to look that one up, because I didn't believe he had that much. But you're spot on. He has more money than he could spend in 100 lifetimes.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I actually had to look that one up, because I didn't believe he had that much. But you're spot on. He has more money than he could spend in 100 lifetimes.

When I checked recently that man has lots of money, and forbe said, his total net worth has clocked '$2 billion, which has made him the richest musician in history. 

On 5/19/2022 at 2:12 PM, Empire said:

Maroon 5 or specifically Adam Levine. I dislike him because he's known more as a hot guy instead of the frontman of a pop band.

Really? Maybe, in some topics I agree with you, but to my mind, they make amazing music