Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Virtual Reality

Virtual reality systems are gaining popularity these days. Are you excited about the potential of virtual reality? Or are you worried?

I have been watching these develop since the initial announcement regarding virtual reality, but have always been hesitated from trying it out. I do want to try virtual reality, but I don't like the cheap version (which is basically your phone conntected to the gear), yet the higher end stuff costs too much for me to want to try out various games with it.

I'm not all that interested. But that may be due to me being a classic gamer. VR would also probably be extremely difficult for me, because it's my understanding that you have to be mobile to play it. And being stuck in a wheelchair and having limited mobility, doesn't exactly give me many options to play it and enjoy the experience.

I'm both excited and worried at the same time. I love the idea of virtual reality as a whole, but I do wonder how it might effect people's view of reality. Also, it depends on the technology itself as to whether it worries me or not. Current VR technology worries me because there's a lot of moving around that can cause harm to the person unaware of their actual surroundings... But, I'm not sure how to fix that issue. So I guess I'm more worried as a whole.

4 hours ago, MeowsePad said:

I think that when VR gaming becomes the norm, that will be my time to retire from gaming. It will be essentially like playing every game on Wii. I play games to escape reality, not experience an alternate reality.

That’s when classic gaming comes into play. I play my NES, SNES, and N64 regularly. I’m on one, possibly two, every single day.

No regrets.

I'm not overly interested in Virtual Reality either. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible feature that shows just how far technology has come but I'm a traditional gamer and I prefer seeing the game on a screen.

I haven't tried VR so I'm not counting it out completely but so far it doesn't seem like something that would interest me. Mainly because I think of multiple people putting on those goggles and the oils from their face going on mine and sharing and ick. Never really liked it for that aspect.

I have a VR headset for my PS4. It's a lot of fun. It takes awhile to get used to and thankfully I don't get nauseous while playing it. One of my friends gets dizzy real easy so he hates virtual reality. I really enjoy playing VR Ping pong and playing against random people online. 

On 8/1/2020 at 5:00 AM, Spikey said:

I have a VR headset for my PS4. It's a lot of fun. It takes awhile to get used to and thankfully I don't get nauseous while playing it. One of my friends gets dizzy real easy so he hates virtual reality. I really enjoy playing VR Ping pong and playing against random people online. 

I think by the time 2021 ends, we would have some of the good titles for the VR and that would be a good experience with graphics and the VR matured in a year or so. 

The new Medal Of Honor VR game will allow you to perform various actions like pull a grenade pin with your teeth among other things. It's not out yet but I'd keep any eye out for it(I normally don't hype up EA games but from what I've seen, it's pretty awesome).

On 1/16/2021 at 2:58 PM, skyfire said:

That is pretty rad like using the grenade with the teeth? I mean that is a lot of improvement in sensors then. 

I totally agree. There was also some new VR tech previewed at CES 2021 with a new VR headset with far more sensors and you'd where actual gloves instead of some goofy joystick so you could perform more actions in VR games. I'm not sure if that headset will come out around the release of this game but EA has really done a number on this game. The one drawback is the file size. If I remember correctly, it was something like 400GB upwards but maybe I'm understating because I remember complaining about it in another thread.