Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Using Walkthroughs

Have you ever used a walkthrough to play a game? If not, not judging here. :D

I used one once, as the walkthrough was part of the purchase to the game I bought. I mainly used it to plan out my playthrough, as it had maps of each of the level in the game. It did help with my time playing on the first time, as I don't think I would have been able to finish the game that quickly, if I had atleast looked at the levels maps to figure out where to find stuff and what I could do to finish faster.

I never used a guide for an NES or SNES game. The only GB game I used a guide for was the Oracle games. I used the guides for Zelda OoT and Majoras Mask when the games first came out, but to be honest I initially only bought the guides because they were limited edition collectors guides. Later when I got stuck trying to find items like gold skulltulas, and the big goron sword etc, I used a cheaper guide to figure out what the hell I was supposed to be doing. When I started playing FF8, I had no choice but to use a guide. I mentioned it before about the point on disc 1 where Zell, Quistis, and Selphie are locked in Caraways mansion. There's no way that anyone would figure out that you need to take a glass from the shelf and put it in the statues hand to open a secret passage. I was stuck there for almost months before I said "fuck this" and got a guide. Also I wanted all the GF's and some of them are hidden extremely well. I also have a guide for Skyrim, but that thing is so in depth and physically heavy that I haven't even begun to read it. Also a weird thing is that I have absolutely no clue where it came from. I found it in a box in my garage a few months ago. The same thing goes for a hardback copy of a Dark Souls II guide. I have no idea where they came from, but I have them. I have other guides that I'm at a loss for where they came from, but those are the two that really throw me. I may have possibly had them even before I had the damn games.