Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Games you spent the most time on.

On 7/22/2020 at 5:07 AM, skyfire said:

i can't imagine myself spending a lot of time on the tycoon games. those are pretty heavy for me lately. especially harder to play if I am already bored. 

Yeah, I haven't played them in a while for that exact reason. It is just too much for me lately.

id say easily 10k hours on gears of war 3. I was trying to beat the last boss on the hardest difficulty to unlock a achievement. it is hard as hell the only way to beat it is basically by getting lucky. I spent about 3-5 hours every day for a year trying to beat that  monster

On 7/30/2020 at 4:06 AM, DudeThatsErin said:

Yeah, I haven't played them in a while for that exact reason. It is just too much for me lately.

It's hard to keep up with those type of the games in fact playing them is not easy nor they can be a good option for these days as it gets you bored. 

On the top of the list is XCOM2 with 1100 hours. I usually don't spend more time on games than it takes to beat them. I'm not a fan of hunting for collectibles or achievements, so after finishing the campaign I'm usually done with them. Not with this one though.

Of course there are games where there is no keeping track of how much time I spent on. One honorary mention has to go to Transport Tycoon, which was released in 1995, and I still actively played it 20 years later. Haven't done so recently, but there is always a chance with that. I must have spent at least 1000 hours on it, neglecting studies in all levels of education.

The second game is BeamNG with 420 hours. Quite a feat for a completely aimless game, with no goals just mindless fun.

The third most time I've spent on is Train Simulator with 350 hours, but at least some of that was contributed by my late father as we used to share a steam library.

I don't have much patience for the train and the zoo type of the simulators. In case of the XCOM being the strategy game, I spend a lot of time and also love playing multiplayer on this genre. Especially the civilization and similar other similar strategy games. 

So where do I start, Over the years most people do not stick with the same games, I mean I used to spend hours Roleplaying then moved into Simulators.

GTA4, can't remeber but did 250 hours of video recording. Plus more to modding the game.
GTA5, 1600 hours in FiveM another 1200 hours in GTA online and 500 hours on sinleplayer.
FSX, 1800 hours
P3D, over 1000 hours
MSFS2020, almost 300 hours

On 2/6/2021 at 7:16 AM, Patrik said:

GTA San Andreas Multiplayer (SAMP), been playing since 2010, it was receiving updates till 2015, but there are always different gamemodes to try, i should say i got around 5000 hours or even more of playing time there

Are those the RP servers for San Andreas? 

2 hours ago, Patrik said:

There are several gamemodes, from RP/TDM/Zombies to Battle Royale and Mini Missions, but it's dying slowly unfortunately

It's just one of those things. Most probably have moved on to GTA V or GTA IV RP servers. I mean, it's what always happens eventually.

44 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

It's just one of those things. Most probably have moved on to GTA V or GTA IV RP servers. I mean, it's what always happens eventually.

More reasons also are that F2P's now are more than before, cheats went more advanced and complicated to detect and people are even making gameplays with them with only few experienced people noticing, toxicity everywhere and much more :(