Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Never having to sleep

I would spend more time with family and friends, and participating in leisure activities which I enjoy the most. We spend most of our lives sleeping. Did you know that an average human sleeps for one-third of their lifetime? Nonetheless, it's nice to imagine all the extra free time that I would have if sleep weren't needed.

Imagine all the resources used if we didn't sleep. 7 billion people awake at all times? Your internet would always be slow, pollution, animals going haywire, energy consumption, and government will have the jobs make you work 12 hours a day to keep you busy and out of trouble. More taxes for them to be made off of you. So you think you would have more time, but your fellow greedy society will force long labor hours. And you wouldn't complain because the prices of everything will have gone up 400% so you would need to work those long hours and end up in the same boat you are in now. Kids will live in school half the day. Colleges will make you take 4 extra classes a semester and you are left studying longer hours. Get smarter and more skilled? Sure. Only the rich will benefit. 

If everything stayed the same and I didn't sleep, I would probably do the same thing I do now and entertain myself through games, books, shows, and play with my animals. If you don't work on your projects now, what makes you think you will with more time? Is time your motivation? It's not mine. If there is something you want to do, find what will motivate you and do it. Time will work its magic for you. 

Read the tile and the first thought that has come to my mind that how boring it would become. Doing whatever you want to do and after so much fun and or work or whatever you start to get bored and then you think it yourself, what now? Streaming on twitch for none stop 😛 that can bored anyone out. 

I say we sleep 8 hours a day to make time go faster and we become less bored then we already are. 

On 11/9/2020 at 7:33 AM, Empire said:

Read the tile and the first thought that has come to my mind that how boring it would become. Doing whatever you want to do and after so much fun and or work or whatever you start to get bored and then you think it yourself, what now? Streaming on twitch for none stop 😛 that can bored anyone out. 

I say we sleep 8 hours a day to make time go faster and we become less bored then we already are. 

You have a valid point there. I mean, sleep is meant to give you a break from the world. If we just kept going we'd burn ourselves out eventually and run out of things to do.