Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Personal Rules

53 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's a pretty awesome goal - how do you plan to go about that?

By figuring out what has stopped me from not living by my stated rules. I've been researching a lot about childhood trauma, transactional analysis, and the mind, and have been doing an in-depth audit of my traits and past. The objective is to figure out what "bad code" is running in my brain--skewed perspectives, beliefs, and assumptions I'm not entirely aware of that are driving me. Once they are identified and dismantled, there won't be anything left to stop me from being my best self.

Kind of funny, but Spec Ops: The Line was part of what inspired me to dive into this. What Walker went through made me realize that until we know what's driving us, we don't really have a choice. But once we do, we are finally free to decide.

On 5/5/2021 at 4:35 PM, StaceyPowers said:

By figuring out what has stopped me from not living by my stated rules. I've been researching a lot about childhood trauma, transactional analysis, and the mind, and have been doing an in-depth audit of my traits and past. The objective is to figure out what "bad code" is running in my brain--skewed perspectives, beliefs, and assumptions I'm not entirely aware of that are driving me. Once they are identified and dismantled, there won't be anything left to stop me from being my best self.

Kind of funny, but Spec Ops: The Line was part of what inspired me to dive into this. What Walker went through made me realize that until we know what's driving us, we don't really have a choice. But once we do, we are finally free to decide.

That's great to self reflect and it always helps to develop some positive habits to replace your bad ones. I also recommend checking out books by people like Eckhart Tolle and Brian Tracy - they've been pretty helpful to me and I'm sure they can also have a positive impact on you as well.