Register Now
StaceyPowers

What are some things that make you suspect you won’t like a game?

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

Some trailers are very misleading with some companies strategy is only focused on selling their games even it's based on lies. 

They can't deceive everyone online that's what you should know, researches will be carried out and they'll be exposed like any other. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

They can't deceive everyone online that's what you should know, researches will be carried out and they'll be exposed like any other. 

Yeah - I believe that it's something that's going to be very difficult for the trailer to do to every but the impatient one's are definitely going to be lured by it. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - I believe that it's something that's going to be very difficult for the trailer to do to every but the impatient one's are definitely going to be lured by it. 

That's why I never go for pre order of any game. I know many people can't hold their emotion and due to excitement they go for pre orders, but later they have to regret their decisions. Rather I like to to order after full confirmation that the game is really a good one 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's life for you, their impatient users who doesn't want to wait by any means, not even making researches of the game before buying, they just delve in and buy which brings ruin time later. 

On 10/2/2021 at 12:56 PM, Razor1911 said:

That's why I never go for pre order of any game. I know many people can't hold their emotion and due to excitement they go for pre orders, but later they have to regret their decisions. Rather I like to to order after full confirmation that the game is really a good one 

Who even pre-orders games recently? I haven't seen any in a long while now. It's not something that's worth it as far as I'm concerned. 

On 2/29/2020 at 9:33 PM, StaceyPowers said:

We’ve talked about games that we didn’t think we would like that we ended up getting into. I am pretty sure we also have probably talked about what criteria we use to pick a game to play, i.e. what we think will make us like a game.

But what makes you suspect that you won’t enjoy a particular game when you watch a trailer, read a description, or read a review?

In my case, I think what makes me shy away from a game are mentions of puzzles and/or a lack of discussion regarding story or characters (making me think that neither are relevant). Unless it is an open world game, in which case I don’t think I’ve ever suspected I wouldn’t enjoy one. I used to suspect I would dislike all third person perspective games, but I’ve since gotten used to them, so that is no longer a deterrent.

What deters you from becoming interested in a game—sometimes perhaps to your own detriment?

Personally, I can't play games that are poor in graphics now. It's a big turn off for me when it comes to playing any games for me. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Personally, I can't play games that are poor in graphics now. It's a big turn off for me when it comes to playing any games for me. 

Yeah - we are no longer in stone age, so the game graphics should be able to replicate surreal experience of almost what we have in our real life settings.