Register Now
Joshua Farrell

Action or Story

Depending on the style and genre you can prioritise one over the other.  But I think (especially in modern times) what truly amazing games like The Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War or Witcher 3 do is, without compromise, both.

That's not to say that their isn't games out that focus almost (if not all) on story or gameplay mechanics that I don't enjoy, but they tend to be niche and only grab a corner of the market.

Edited by Crazycrab

While action in a game is great, I'm far more story-driven than action-driven, whether it comes to games or anything else for that matter. The reason I love Portia is it has an interesting story with all sorts of twists and in depth characters. :3

I'd be more on the side of story. Don't get me wrong, good action also helps a game to sell but Action is the side piece to complement the main attraction which is the story. I've played numerous games with no action such as Broken Swords: Shadow of the templars that had an amazing story and I loved every second of it.

On 3/1/2020 at 7:55 AM, Joshua Farrell said:

What is more important to you in a game, the action or the story?

I will generally love the story line more than the action in a game. But if the action properly compliments the story, and isn't just to get you from task 1 to task to, then I would enjoy that too.

I'm never going to choose one over the other because they both complete the game by making it a whole. If it's just action, it won't have any meaning and if it's just story, it won't be fun.